Ultherapy vs. Titan - Which is More Effective for Skin Tightening?

Please Compare Ultherapy with Titan Procedure. Is one shown to be more effective than the other for skin tightening, in particular of the face and neck?

Ultherapy or Titan for Skin Tightening

+3

While both devices aim to induce new collagen production, Ultherapy is much more precise and predictable.  RealSelf has a great feature that lets people rate whether they felt the procedure was worth it.  As of today 92% of Ultherapy patients were happy vs. 57% for Titan. 

Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

UlThera over titaN

+3

Having experience with both, Ulthera is superior technology and results with no down time.Ulthera is also more precise. The newer ultrasound technology and the screen on the device makes it superior. Go on both web sites and you will see the difference.

Luis A. Vinas, MD

No head to head study but Ultherapy seems superior

+2

To adequately answer this question, we would need a head to head scientific study which is not something that is not and wont be available.  Based on personal experience, however, Ultherapy seems superior when compared to Titan or Thermage in achieving skin tightening.

Chang Son, MD
Fort Lee Dermatologist

Titan vs. Ultherapy

+2

I had compared Titan to Thermage many years ago and did not find the Titan to be as effective as Theramge.  I have now seen Ultherapy to be much more effective than Theramge on facial areas, so that I can conclude that Ultherapy is more effective than Titan, even though I did not compare the two.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Ultherapy vs. Titan

+2

In my experience, the only thing that seems to get consistent results is Ultherapy.  I have either tried other modalities or have had colleagues report to me on their experiences.  As far as I can tell, no other non-invasive treatments seem to deliver the consistent results that Ulthera does.

Leif L. Rogers, MD, FACS

Best Lift and Tightening Non-Surgical, Non-Invasive Plastic Surgery Treatment...Ultherapy by Ulthera

+2

Hi Decatur,

Ultherapy by Ulthera is the only device FDA approved for both lifting and tightening of the skin and muscles of the face, neck, and eye brows.  It is much more effective with a much higher patient satisfaction rate than Titan.  Like all "tools" that physicians use, the results will vary depending upon the artistic vision, skill, and experience of the treating physician.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Comparing Ultherapy to Titan

+1

I prefer Ulthera for skin tightening over radiofrequency (Titan or Thermage) because the energy can more precisely be targeted to the layer where it is most beneficial for tightening and lifting. Ultherapy works by allowing the doctor to visualize the tissue beneath the skin with a specially designed hand piece. Utilizing this deep visualization, the doctor is able to deliver ultrasound energy to a precise area needing treatment. Ultherapy encourages the natural production of collagen, which allows the skin to appear firmer and more elastic. By utilizing such a precise instrument, Ultherapy provides a safe treatment, leaving the skin above the treated tissue unharmed. You will look better in two years, than if you would if you did not have ultherapy. For most of our patients, they will reconsider repeating the treatment after 2 years.

Andrew T. Lyos, MD, FACS

Ulthera is going to deliver more heat to the tissues.

+1

Non-surgical devices can cause a lifting or tightening effect by delivering heat to the tissues to stimulate collagen production.  Ulthera, Titan, ReFirme, and Thermage all deliver heat to the tissues in different degrees.  I believe that Ulthera delivers the most heat in a more precise manner than the others.  I do also own and use ReFirme by Syneron.  I have seen nice results with multiple treatments with ReFirme as well.  Ulthera utilizes high-focused ultrasound energy to deliver heat while ReFirme utilizes radiofrequency energy or electrical energy.  

Sanjay Grover, MD