Can a Licensed Aesthetician Perform Ultherapy on Patients in the Medical Office?

Is this a procedure that a licensed aesthetician can perform on our patients?

Stick to the Docs.

+5

I believe that the Ulthera treatment is a technically challenging procedure and best left in the hands of an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon.

Who Can Perform Ulthera?

+4

Regulations may vary state to state.  Because this is a new modality, there may not yet be specific regulations restricting who can perform the technique.

Most important is that the person performing the treatment has been properly trained and supervised by a trained and well qualified plastic surgeon, after you have had proper consultation with the cosmetic surgeon to determine if you are a good candidate and consideration of alternatives.

Web reference: http://www.drzwiebel.com

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Ulthera is done under medical supervision

+3

Ulthera is a nonivasive technology that uses focused ultrasound to stimulate collagen rebuilding and skin lifting. Though regulations vary from state to state, in most places it can be delgated to another person such as a medical esthetician. Because it is a medical device however it requires supervision by a medical professional.

Ulthera can be done by aestheticians

+2

Ulthera is a non invasive device that can be done by a trained aesthetician or physician assistant. In my office we use both. They are trained by the company to do advance treatments and have accumulated a vast amount of experience. I did trust my face to a well trained aesthetician after we got Ulthera

Who can perform ulthera or ultherapy?

+2
Ulthera is a relatively new procedure that uses ultrasound energy to tighten facial tissue. As the procedure is relatively new there are no state regulations that I know of in terms of who can perform the procedure. In Florida, currently an aesthetician to the best of my knowledge can legally perform ultherapy.
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy by a Licensed Aesthetician

+1

The laws vary by state as to what professional can perform what procedures.  In Texas, Aestheticians can perform Ultherapy.  Many are skilled, but physicians can perform a more customized treatment.  The most important factor is that the person performing the procedure is well trained, has experience with the treatment and is supervised by a physician, if they are not one themselves.

Web reference: http://www.drsturmobrien.com/non-surgical-procedures

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can an aesthetician perform Ultherapy

+1

The regulations dictating who can peform a treatment in a doctor's office, is different in different states.  Some may indicate physician supervision and other states may say that aestheticians can not perform certain treatments. There may not be specific mention of ultrasound energy devices and as it is not a laser, some state might need new regulations to include Ultherapy.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/ultherapy/index.html

Can Aestheticians Perform Ultherpay, not in my practice.

+1

In my opinion irrespective of state regulations, Ultherapy should not be performed by nonmedical professionals.  The word non-invasive is a misnomer. This device, is as invasive as any laser that we are currently using, the only difference is that the lesions are subsurface so you dont see them. Histologically, you are looking at a similar discrete wounding patterns.  Aestheticians are a wonderful adjunct to an aesthetic practice, however, there scope of practice is limited to the epidermal layer of the skin.  They shoud not be utilized as cheap labor to run these deeper dermal and subdermal devices.  There must be a line drawn in the sand at some point.  I am sure they can be well trained, but so to can a PA and nurse practicioners be instructed in how to perform a facelift and I believe this would be considered non acceptable,.... or so I think.

Albany Facial Plastic Surgeon