Vaseline on Cleft Lip Revision Scar

I want to know if it is safe to use vaseline to keep my scar moist. It has been a month since I had cleft lip revision. Is it okay to use vaseline on the young scar for two weeks or longer? I am going to see my surgeon in two weeks for scar therapy.

Topical Treatment for Lip Scars

Use of a petroluem based products topically can be used initially and can be helpful in minimizing the collection of crusting on an incision.  I think since you are one month post operatively I find that massaging the scar 5-6 times per day ten minutes or however much you can will be helpful.  Also topical compression with Cordan tape at night time while sleeping can provide some benefit as well.

Saint Paul Facial Plastic Surgeon