Is $5,000 Too Much for Liposuction on a Size Like Me? (photo)

I went to my surgeon the other day. The cost for my liposuction in my stomach is $5,000. They have their own facility so i dont pay hospital fees. They didnt even get a good look at my stomach. He looked at my stomach at first and said to do coolsculpting but i dont think it will take as much fat off as i want and my mind is set on lipo. Should i go get a price from someone else? I got my chin done by the same doctor. Could that be their set rate for lipo period? Less fat off, less pricey?

$2500 for liposuction

+2

I think liposuction will give you a great result. The cost of liposuction on your entire tummy and waist can run as low as $2500 with tumescent anesthesia in an outpatient setting to more than double that  amount in a doctor's private operating room. One point to keep in mind is that your surgeon should take as much time as necssary to remove all the fat possible. Often removal of all the fat that can be removed is a tedious process that takes a lot of time. If the surgeon is in a hurry, he might not take the time to give you the best possible result. It is always a good idea to get a second opinion and fee from another plastic surgeon.

Bristol Plastic Surgeon

Is $5,000 Too Much for Liposuction on a Size Like Me?

+2

Liposuction will be very effective for you.  I think that you will have a great result with the right surgeon.   Liposuction for the abdomen, sides, and back could be done for $6500 or so.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+1

$5,000 is an average fee for IN VASIVE Liposuction NOT external cold therapy! Best to seek more in person opinions. 

Liposuction and fees

+1

The fees for liposuction can vary around the country. Best to find a good surgeon who has consistently good results rather than shopping for price. Good luck.

How Much is Standard for #Liposuction

+1

From your photos, you should be a great candidate for lipo, but the costs will vary from state to state and with individual surgeons. Just because it is in a doctors own OR, does not mean it is free. There are supplies, staffing, insurance etc. etc. that can add up. This is not a procedure that is as "easy" as it seems. Choose a surgeon you trust and start there, surgery is NEVER an area to price shop. Choose your physician wisely. 

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Cost of Abdominal Liposuction

+1

Liposuction of your abdomen and flanks will produce a very good result for you. While plastic surgery fees are individualized, the fee of $5,000 for your type of liposuction is a reasonable one.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

$5000 is a great price for quality liposuction work on an abdomen

+1

You should also get your hips(sides-flanks) done with the full abdomen to give you a great result and $5000 on special is a great price for the abdomen. Add $500-1000 more and get the hips done at the same time and you are set. Sincerely, David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction for $5000?

+1

The good news is you seem to be a great candidate for liposuction by your photos. Meaning, you have a small amount of fat and good quality skin and the fat is localized to areas that are typically home-runs in terms of results. Depending on what part of the country you are in 5K may be a great deal. Make sure the surgeon plans on putting you to sleep because awake lipo is something I would not recommend. I have no idea what an ELITE surgeon is as stated below but make sure you are using a board certified plastic surgeon...of course.

Joshua B. Hyman, MD