How Can I Get Rid of my Abnormally Large Armpit Fat? (photo)

I'm a 21 year old female who's 5'4 & only 107 pounds. I've had these since I was a child, & no matter what weight I am or what exercise I do, they just don't go away. I can't wear a tank top & it limits my confidence, and I want a change, but am not sure what procedure would fully get rid of them and create a normal crease there instead. I'm still in university and hoping to find an affordable procedure that is still effective in fully getting rid of it. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you!

How Can I Get Rid of my Abnormally Large Armpit Fat?

+2

Thanks for the photos, they help in understanding the exact area you are concerned about. That bulge at the front edge of the armpit is often true breast tissue and not actually fat. If it indeed is breast tissue it can easily be excised but will leave a scar. Liposuction is of little value and usually a waste of time. The liposuction does work well on fat, just not on breast tissue. You will need to see a plastic surgeon for an exam in order to determine the exact nature of that tissue.

+1

Thank you for the question and your photos.  Honestly, to expect the desired look that you have submitted is somewhat unrealistic, because you need excision (removal) of fat, most likely breast tissue, and skin.  This will leave you with scars and possibly some irregularities depending on how much redundancy you have.  But, to answer your question, yes the bulge and redundancy can be removed, and it can be done under local anesthesia if budget is a concern.  However, you need an experienced plastic surgeon, certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, who can show you samples of similar procedures and give you a realistic outlook.

Liposuction of the armpit fat is easy to undergo.

+1

Liposuction of the armpit (axillae) fat is easy to remove under local and costs roughly $2000-2500. You will be so glad you did it. Sincerely,David Hansen,MD

Web reference: http://www.TheBestLipoDoc.com/lipo.asp

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

+1

Liposuction of this axillary fat will likely yield a good result for you, although a physical exam will be necessary to assess the skin envelope.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Liposuction.php

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.