Does a Chin Implant Really Take Up to a Year to Heal?

I had my third chin implant. The first one was just not right. The second implant another doctor placed wrong again and a week later did surgery on me again and this time placed properly. It has been 3 months now and it has improved a great deal but my doctor says it can take up to one year b/c I had so many surgeries and the pocket from the first surgery has to dissolve. Is this true? Will I be ok? I have these dimples all the time. PS says its b/c the pocket is still there dissolving.

One year for third surgery to heal

+1

It may take quite some time - even a year - for a third surgical operation in an area to heal. Unfortunately healing is also not as predictable as the first surgery.

Web reference: http://innovationsfps.com

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Third-time chin implant can take up to a year to heal completely!

+1

You may very reasonably expect tissues that have been operated on three times to take many months to completely heal, settle, and soften. This is true of any operation in any area of the body--think about how long an external scar takes to completely fade, soften, and regenerate normal skin sensation. Though the incision heals in a week or two, it takes months (6-12 or more in some cases) for everything to maximally mature.

Any dimples and irregularities may indeed be related to prior surgery, or your most recent one, but it is normal to anticipate these will resolve as time goes by. No ethical surgeon can give guarantees or exact timelines, as each patient and operation are unique and different, but everything you have mentioned seems part of the normal process. You note "a great deal of improvement" over this time, so be patient and relax.

Web reference: http://www.mpsmn.com/html/other-face-procedures.html#chin-implants

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

+1

Sounds like a very responsible, ethical surgeon advising you. So yes to all your questions. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl j.Blinski

Chin Implant

+1

Follow the advise of your surgeon, Frequent follow up with your surgeon will tell you how things are developing.

After 6 months you will be able to tell how the final look will be.