Will chin/facial liposuction (dramatically) increase facial hair growth?

As a result of PCOS, I have excessive facial hair in the form of a beard that grows daily. I'd like to get chin liposuction; however, I was told the liposuction will dramatically increase facial hair growth. Is this true? Are there any mechanisms I can take to reduce or eliminate the facial hair growth before I receive liposuction? Thank you!

Facial Hair and Chin Liposuction

+1
Thank you for your question. It is a reasonable concern that hair growth may increase in areas where the surgery is performed. In the event that this occurs, laser hair removal post operation would be an acceptable treatment option. However, the treatment options that apply to you would vary greatly based on your medical records and treatment history. Please consult a board certified physician in order to determine the best course of action in regards to you.

+1
I am not sure where you got this advice but I cannot link the two.
PCOS is a strong influence in your case and treatments aimed at improving the hormonal influence of that condition would be my advice.

You should see a dermatologist.
Dr. Malouf

Peter Malouf, DO
Dallas Dermatologist

PCOS, facial hair and liposuction

+1
1.  Any trauma - including liposuction - can cause a temporary spurt in near-by areas causing hair growth and darkening. It is most common on the hands, not the face.
3. If this happens to you after liposuction, laser hair removal should take care of it.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

+1
I have never seen this occur and have not been able to find any reports of more significant facial hair growth after liposuction. PCOS is associated with more hair growth but I am not aware of any issues following liposuction in people with PCOS. I wish you the best!

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Will chin/facial liposuction increase facial hair growth?

+1
I have never seen liposuction of any area on the face or body cause an increase in hair growth.  Liposuction is done under the surface of the skin and the hair follicles are within the skin, so I can't even imagine how hair follicles could be affected by liposuction.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial hair growth after liposuction

+1
I have never heard of such a thing.  Perhaps I should do a bit more research.  I've just never heard of this.

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon