Acne Scars and Hyperpigmentation? (photo)

Hello: I have some problem with acne scars and hyperpigmentation on my left cheek. I have mild scaring on upper cheek, and I was thinking in dermaroller. Any advice? Please see pics attached.

Acne scarring and hyperigmenation can be treated with lasers and peels

+1

Depending on your skin type you can be treated either with bleaching creams and peels or lasers like the Fraxel laser.  The Fraxel dual has two different settings to treat pigmentation and the other for scars.  Find someone with alot of experience in your city who is board certified.

Treating Acne Scars and Hyperpigmentation

+1

The pictures are poor quality, and regardless, it is difficult to answer this question without seeing you in person. There are different treatment options for improving acne scars and pigmentation problems. I recommend you consult with a board-certified dermatologist experienced in treating both.

Channing R. Barnett, MD

Acne Scar Treatment

+1

In my office I would probably offer you Fraxel Laser to the scar area  or Glycolic peels for your scars. If they have pigment they could also respond to Photofacial. Until we see your problem in person it is difficult to give you the best answer. It also depends on your budget. Part of the consultation is spent on helping customize a plan just for  your problem and your budget. We do have several options so be sure to see a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon to arrive at your treatment plan.

Even if a person can not afford the Lasers and peels we do have some wonderful home topical treatments that can help diminish the scars and pigment.

Esta Kronberg, MD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

Hello

+1

In our practice we have a few different solutions for your acne scars and pigmentation. We have DOT laser/ Profractional laser or a VIPEEL... Without examining you it’s hard to give adequate advice on what procedure would be the best for you. You should see a PS to give you the best option for your situation. Online you can read about all the procedure that is available to you.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS