Will a Tummy Tuck with Lipo Rid my Midsection of Cellulite?

I have a thick midsection with cellulite. I don't have it anywhere else on my body. I am 50 yrs old and was a fat child. I am currently exercising 5 to 6 days a week at more than an hour each session. I have been doing this regimen for 3 years and lost about 60 pounds. I am now at a comfortable weight for my frame, 5'9 and 190 but i am consulting with Drs tomorrow for tummy tuck. I have loose skin from up and down all my life, and the cellulite is embarrassing.

+1
Tummy tuck along with liposuction will flatten the abdomen and remove the excess skin. TT will also tighten the abdominal muscles by a technique called embricaion of the fascia. Liposuction will hlep contour the waist line as well. I am not sure what you mean by cellulite in the mid section, but if it falls in the areas I discussed it will be helped.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

A question of definition

+1

When we speak of definition do you mean dangling skin or varicose veins, the term Cellulite is used loosely these days and it could mean a number of things to different people than to a surgeon. The TT prosedure will tighten your abdomen and remove excess skin, Stretching out will usually improve the appearence of the abdomen

Jonathan Fisher, MD

Will a Tummy Tuck with Lipo Rid my Midsection of Cellulite

+1

Good work on the weight loss. 

I am not sure of your definition of cellulite. A tummy tuck with tighten your abdominal wall, and will remove excess skin and attached fat. The remaining abdominal skin will be stretched out and usually will appear much smoother. If you stretch out the skin yourself and the "cellulite" disappears, it will probably be gone with a TT.j

Thanks, and best wishes.

Tummy Tuck and Liposuction

+1

A combination of abdominal liposuction and a tummy tuck will address excess subcutaneous fat around the abdomen and flanks and loose abdominal skin. The consults with your plastic surgeons should help determine which procedures will provide you with the optimal results. 

Thank you for your question! Best of Luck!

Gregory Park, MD

Tummy Tuck for Loose Skin

+1

Loose skin is very common after significant weight loss, and if you have achieved you goal weight, a tummy tuck is an excellent way to improve the look of your midsection. We routinely combine liposuction with our tummy tucks to achieve the best possible results.

Lawrence Iteld, MD

Tummy tuck for cellulite

+1

Of  course, the best result from tummy tuck is at a more ideal body weight, but if you are at a weight that is right for you, tummy tuck will solve the skin laxity and the addition of liposuction can reduce a cellulite pattern in the skin.

Tummy tuck with lipo

+1
Congratulations on the weight loss. A tummy tuck will remove the excess skin and tighten your abdominal musculature. Combining it with lipo would certainly enhance the result.

Robert L. Kraft, MD