How Can I Change the Shape of my Face And Make It Wider?

Can I change the shape of my face, and how? I have chubby cheeks, and the bottom of half of my face is wider than my top half? Can you get rid of the fat? Can you change the shape of the face? Also, can I make my face wider, and get rid of some of the length?

Face Shape Change Options

+2

It can certainly be possible to change the shape of some faces through a combination of bone and soft tissue changes. What is needed and how successfull it would be depends on what facial structure you have to work with. You will need to provide some pictures for evaluation to be more helpful. The most facial shape change that is requested is to make a face thinner and not have so heavy a bottom half of the face. 

Changing the shape of your face with fat transfer, fat removal or both

+2

It is possible to change the shape of your face in a rather dramatic fashion by removing fat or transferring fat (which is a rich source of stem cells) from or to your face, respectively. The most common way of removing fat is either via micro-liposuction with very small blunt needles (cannulae) which only has very degrees of success or more commonly with buccal fat removal, which is quite successful in appropriate patients. Fat transfer, when properly performed, provides a permanent way of changing the shape of the face utilizing your own body fat. One can reconstruct and re-create a strong jawline, improve cheek definition/projection, create a convex, youthful forehead and eyebrow region as well as smooth out hollows, folds and wrinkles.

Randal Haworth, MD