Do I Need to Change Eating Habits After Lipo?

I'be been the same weight for years now. I'm currently 5'2" and 110lbs at my heaviest, and lose weight to 105-108 during summers when it gets too hot to eat My ps will be taking 2000cc and do grafting of 400cc so take out total 1600cc Will I be needing to change my diet or work out more to maintain the fat taken out/weight loss? Or can I keep my current lifestyle and it should be ok? Thanks!!

Decrease calorie consumption after liposuction

You do need to decrease your total calorie consumption after liposuction to account for the volume of fat that was removed in order to maintain your result.  A pound of body weight roughly equals 3500 calories, and one liter of fat weighs a little less than 2 pounds.

Eating habits after liposuction

Yes, liposuction changes shape but is not a weight loss procedure. To maintain your result you need to eat less or exercise more after liposuction or else the fat returns.

Two liters (2 L) of fat sounds like a lot to remove in someone weighing 110 pounds. Be sure your surgeon tells you how much fat was actually removed. A 2 L liposuction may actually remove 1.5 L of fat or less. You need to count the fat being transferred unless all of it survives. Hope this helps. Best wishes.

Diet After Lipo

Liposuction does not take the place of diet and exercise which are required to look your best and maintain your weight. After liposuction you experience a lot of swelling, which contributes to weight fluctuation in the beginning. In order to have the best results, it is good to have a well-balanced diet, including carbohydrates, fruits, vegetables, and proteins. You should be careful not to overeat. A low salt diet and drinking water liberally will help the edema go away a bit faster as will walking increasing distances. See below link for more information

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Maintaining Results of Liposuction

Maintaining a stable weight after liposuction will ensure that the results are long-lasting.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Maintain Healthy Lifestyle After Liposuction

Thank you for your question. For best results,  you should continue good eating habits and  a healthy lifestyle to maintain your results. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Eating Habits After Lipo

Your eating habits and diet should center around your ideal weight not your procedure.  Liposuction is a contouring procedure and to have long lasting results a stable weight is necessary. 

Liposuction and weight loss

After liposuction your goal should be to maintain your result. As long as your weight was stable prior to surgery, you should not have to Chane your habits after liposuction to maintain your result. That means maintain the current level of diet and exercise.