Do I Need to Change Eating Habits After Lipo?

I'be been the same weight for years now. I'm currently 5'2" and 110lbs at my heaviest, and lose weight to 105-108 during summers when it gets too hot to eat My ps will be taking 2000cc and do grafting of 400cc so take out total 1600cc Will I be needing to change my diet or work out more to maintain the fat taken out/weight loss? Or can I keep my current lifestyle and it should be ok? Thanks!!

Decrease calorie consumption after liposuction

+7

You do need to decrease your total calorie consumption after liposuction to account for the volume of fat that was removed in order to maintain your result.  A pound of body weight roughly equals 3500 calories, and one liter of fat weighs a little less than 2 pounds.

Woodland Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Eating habits after liposuction

+4

Yes, liposuction changes shape but is not a weight loss procedure. To maintain your result you need to eat less or exercise more after liposuction or else the fat returns.

Two liters (2 L) of fat sounds like a lot to remove in someone weighing 110 pounds. Be sure your surgeon tells you how much fat was actually removed. A 2 L liposuction may actually remove 1.5 L of fat or less. You need to count the fat being transferred unless all of it survives. Hope this helps. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Maintaining Results of Liposuction

+1

Maintaining a stable weight after liposuction will ensure that the results are long-lasting.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Maintain Healthy Lifestyle After Liposuction

+1

Thank you for your question. For best results,  you should continue good eating habits and  a healthy lifestyle to maintain your results. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Eating Habits After Lipo

+1

Your eating habits and diet should center around your ideal weight not your procedure.  Liposuction is a contouring procedure and to have long lasting results a stable weight is necessary. 

Bernard Kopchinski, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and weight loss

+1

After liposuction your goal should be to maintain your result. As long as your weight was stable prior to surgery, you should not have to Chane your habits after liposuction to maintain your result. That means maintain the current level of diet and exercise.

Shahriar Mabourakh, MD, FACS
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon