Can Chalazion Be Gone on Its Own?

i had one on my right upper eye lid , it has been a week. I've undergone three I&C for chalazion for my left eye so i know how it works, but this time, i dont want to have another one if it will be gone on its own. I have chalazion in my upper eye lid. I just treat it warm compress and hopes it will be gone on its own since i do not want to undergo another I&C. I also have dry eyes, will using artificial tears have an effect on my chalazion now? do you think it's okay to use it while i have chalazion?

Chalazion treatment

+1

We want all our patients to do warm soaks for 1 hr/day for I month. This cures most of them. After 1 month, surgical drainage or steroid injection can be used depending on the size on the chalazion at one month

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chalazia can resolve with non-surgical treatment

+1

The first line of treatment of chalazia is often warm compresses several x daily for a couple weeks.  Many specialists also recommend an eyedrop or ointment with a steroid to be used for 2 or 3 weeks.  When such conservative measures fail,  lancing the chalzion is usually the next step.

Madison Oculoplastic Surgeon

Chalazion

+1

A chalazion is a blocked oil gland at the eyelid margin. They will typically resolve with warm compresses and keeping it clean with water and a gentle soap. If it does not resolve on its own you should consult your ophthalmologist. Artificial tears will not effect your chalazion.

Can Chalazion Be Gone on Its Own?

+1

Yes, sometimes chalazia go away on their own.  Usually, using artificial tears does not cause a problem, however, you should see an Ophthalmologist to make sure that these are what your diagnoses are.

Web reference: http://www.neweyelids.com/

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid chalazion

+1

A chalazion is a blocked oil gland on the lid near the margin. It can go away on its own but it may take a few years.

Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon

Chalazia can resolve on their own...with some work

+1

A chalazion, as you know, is a blocked oil gland in the eyelid.  To get it to express, you can use hot compresses several times daily followed by eyelid scrubs with a mild soap (baby shampoo).  It can take a few weeks of treatment to get it to drain.  In some cases, no matter how much you use the compresses, the chalazion will not resolve, or it becomes so inflamed that the oil collection is replaced by inflammatory tissue.  These cases often require a procedure to resolve.  See your ophthalmologist.

Web reference: http://utahoc.com/conditions_we_treat.html

Salt Lake City Oculoplastic Surgeon