I Hurt my Left Eye in an Accident, Have Had Uneven Eyes Since? (photo)

Six years ago I hurt my eye in an accident, my left eye has ever since been lower than the right and it's starting to bother me, not because it has been any worse through the years, but I find it hard to look people in the eyes and it destroy my confidence. It does not seem that people notice it, but I feel they do and it is really annoying. I'm willing to go through a surgery. (Sorry for my bad english and I dont know which topic i should pick, so I chose Eyelid Surgery)

Eyelid surgery

+1

I suspect you fractured the bony oorbit which is causing the left eye to appear smaller. This can be repaired. A Plastic Surgeon might be the best for this.

Good luck

Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Hurt my Left Eye in an Accident, Have Had Uneven Eyes Since? (photo)

+1

Please go see an Oculoplastic surgeon to evaluate your orbits.  Very likely your orbit was fractured and you will need repair.

Sam Goldberger, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Orbital asymmetry

+1

Your left eye and eye socket seem to be lower than the right side. This could be due to your accident if it was severe enough to cause fractures of your eye socket 6 years ago. Did you not have a CT scan then? If you did, you could obtain a copy and show it to a surgeon.

If not then a repeat CT scan would be appropriate. One other thing that you should be aware of is that sometimes, a minor trauma to a region can draw someones attention to a preexisting asymmetry.

I have seen many patients with a natural asymmetry between the eye sockets that they never appreciated before, and sometimes a small injury can bring their attention to it.

In either case, CT scan would be the next appropriate step, and consultation with an Oculoplastic surgeon or a facial or craniofacial surgeon that has experience if orbital reconstructive surgery. Fixing this problem would be an extensive undertaking.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Left Eye is Lower After Accident

+1

The orbital floor and possibly other bones may have been fractured during the trauma causing the apparent descent.  It will be helpful in your case to get a CT scan to examine the bony anatomy before proceeding with any type of surgery.  In addition, if you do not have visual problems after six years, you may want to consider the fact that no surgeon can guarantee perfect vision or lack of double vision after surgery.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Asymmetry of eyes - hypoglobus

+1

It appears you have what is called hypoglobus, where the eye sinks down into the sinus underneath.  This can happen after an eye socket injury, which breaks the floor of the socket, kind of like a trap-door, and allows the eye to come down.  An orbital surgeon (oculoplastic surgeon) can evaluate you and may recommend a surgery to fix the floor of the eye socket and return your eye to a normal height.  

Matheson A. Harris, MD
Salt Lake City Oculoplastic Surgeon

Uneven eyes after an injury

+1

IT appears from the photos that you might have fractured some bones in the area around the eyeball (the orbit), causing the eyeball to sink back into the orbit.  This makes it look uneven and smaller. Typically, you might notice double vision when you look upward. But this diagnosis can only be made by a skilled eye or plastic surgeon in an examination.

The way to fix this is to try to raise the floor of the orbit with a piece of silicone sheeting or a bone graft. it's been six years, and the tissues have probably scarred down, so it might be difficult to get a really satisfactory result.  But that too can be discussed in consultation with an experienced doctor.

Norman Leaf, MD