16 Year Old Getting Eyelid Surgery? (photo)

I am 16 years old and very unhappy with my eye shape. They droop and sag. I am not a stranger to plastic surgery but I was wondering if I am too young to have this surgery or if it will pose risks in the future. Attached are pictures of my eyes. Am I even eligible for this surgery? What is the estimated cost? Will this help my eyes appear bigger?

Eyelid surgery

+1

I feel certain that most surgeons, including me, would not perform cosmetic eyelid surgery on anyone under the age of 18. Your eyes look fine, and youthful.

Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Eyes at 16

+1

I would not recommend eyelid surgery in a 16 year old.  Full upper eyelids is a sign of youth. Good luck.

Beautiful Eyes Can be left alone or improved

+1

You have beautiful eyes! Your eyelid crease is very low and thus your platform for makeup is difficult to assess. Nothing has to be done in regard to this. But if you and your parents agree your eyelid crease can be elevated allowing this platform to better appreciated. A compete exam and evaluation would be necessary. The space between your upper and lower lids is completely normal.  Elevating the eyelid crease may give the appearance of a wider eye.  Prices range between $2000- $5000.

Mark Berkowitz, MD
Sterling Heights Oculoplastic Surgeon

16 year old considering eyelid surgery

+1

First you need to get your parents to agree to this as you are underage. The surgery is called upper lid blepharoplasty and you are a candidate. Some skin and perhaps some muscle is removed above your natural eyelid fold to hide the scar. This will elevate the fold to a more attractive position. Costs: 2000 to 3000 depending on the kind of anesthesia you want and where you have it done.

Peter T. Truong, MD
Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon