Best Cellulite Treatment? Lipomassage or Subcision

lipomassage (endermologie)or subcision which one is the best treatment cellulite? thank you

Cellulaze Best for Cellulite Reduction

Cellulaze is the only minimally invasive laser procedure designed to attack the structure of cellulite beneath your skin. It delivers longer-lasting results after only one short treatment. It is the first and only cellulite laser treatment that treats the actual problems underneath the skin to deliver a proven longer-lasting result from just one simple treatment. Cellulaze is backed by many years of clinical research. Studies have shown it increases the thickness of your skin by 25% and the elasticity of your skin by 29%—significant claims that haven't been made by any other treatments. Thicker and more elastic skin can help flatten and smooth the skin surface to improve the appearance of cellulite. In addition, 93% of patients surveyed were satisfied or very satisfied with their results at one year post their procedure, and all would recommend the Cellulaze cellulite laser treatment to a friend.

Other choices are VelaSmooth or VelaShape or Venus Freeze

VelaSmooth and VelaShape came into the market a few years back, and are much superior to Endermologie. These two treatments have radio frequency and infrared, which allow the fat cells to open and release, and the rollers then smooth out the area. While the treatment isn't perfect, it is much more superior than Endermologie, which I think is oversold and underimpressive. Additionally, Venus Freeze is hitting the marketplace now and seems to have good results. I really wouldn't waste your time or money on Endermologie. While no cellulite treatments are perfect or the be-all-end-all, in my opinion these three treatment options are superior to any others on the market with few complications and no downtime.

Few effective options for cellulite treatment

Cellulite is caused by a number of factors, including the structure of the ligaments that tether the skin, abnormalities of the fat compartments, and thinning of the skin allowing the fat to bulge. The fact that it isn't a single cause makes it a very challenging condition to treat, and if there were a treatment that was truly effective, everyone would know about it. Endermologie and similar treatments can produce temporary effects, while subcision would produce more lasting results but involves surgery and quite a bit of bruising.

Richard Baxter, MD

Cellfina Provides Long-Term Improvement In Cellulite

Hello and thank-you for your question!

Cellfina is the latest break though for the treatment of cellulite. Cellfina targets the fibrous bands which are the source of the dimpling in cellulite. It is most effective for the treatment of dimples and depressions of the buttocks and back of the thighs. Our patients we have seen exceptional results! Cellfina is a minimally invasive treatment performed in the office. No sedation or general anesthesia is required. The procedure is minimally invasive with essentially no or very little downtime. Our patients note some soreness for a couple of days but are able to returned to work the next day after the procedure. There is generally some swelling and bruising. The bruising may take a couple of weeks to resolve if there are a large number of dimples released.We are seeing an extremely high level of satisfactionfor our patients treated with Cellfina. The investigational studies for Cellfina have just been released and have shown an impressive patient satisfaction rate of 85% at 3 months, 94% at one year and 96% at 2 years. This is a very exciting solution for the many women who suffer from the embarrassment of cellulite.

Best Regards, Andrew Lyos, MD, FACS

Andrew T. Lyos, MD, FACS

Cellulite treatments

Hello. As you have probably learned from your research on cellulite it has always been very difficult to treat. Certainly creams and lotions are of no use especially when looking at the cost/benefit ratio and the fact that they are in no way permanent.  Procedures like Velashape and Endermologie are non-invasive but require multiple treatments and maintenance treatments or everything returns back to the way it was. Again, for the cost not a very satisfying option. If you are not ready or convinced about Cellulaze your best bet would to be to do nothing rather than spend your time and money on procedures that often end up in frustration. In my practice in the Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what Cellulaze can do for them. At some point it might be worthwhile to have a consultation with someone in your area with an expertise in Cellulaze to get more detailed information. I honestly think it is the best tool we have for cellulite today. Good luck. Sincerely, Dean Vistnes   

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Cellulaze is best to treat cellulite

Cellulaze, this procedure will help to smooth out the skin with tightening it at the same time. Cellulaze fights cellulite from under the skin keeping it cellulite-free.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Cellulite Options in Los Angeles

In my opinion, cellulite technology has not shown to produce long term results for all types of cellulite.  I advocate the Brazilian Cellulite Treatment for many of my patients and feel that this provides substantial improvement in cellulite on the hips and thighs. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Best treatment for cellulite

Consider Cellulaze - It is the only FDA-approved one time minimally invasive treatment for cellulite.  Talk to a board-certified plastic surgeon that has experience with the procedure to find out more information.  Good luck!

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Cellulite treatment

I'd suggest you consider Cellulaze - it is FDA approved for the definitive treatment of cellulite and requires only one treatment.  Cellulaze is a minimally invasive laser treatment that attacks the actual anatomic cause of cellulite.  Although Cellulaze is minimally invasive, it is a surgical procedure that requires wearing a compression garment for 4-6 weeks.  You are expected to have swelling and bruising for couple weeks.  I do not think non-surgical procedures will give you a lasting result.

Effective one time treatment for Cellulite

There is now a new FDA approved one-time definitive treatment for most types of cellulite.  This procedure is called Cellulaze.  It utilizes a 1440 nm wavelength Nd:YAG laser to accomplish 3 things:  1) melt away fat bulging out 2) break up fibrous septae (attachments) that create the indentations and 3) help thicken the dermis (skin) to prevent future recurrence.   The office-based procedure can take between 60-90 minutes and can be completed under local or just IV sedation (depending on the length of your procedure and number of areas being treated). Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon trained in Cellulaze treatment to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX