Subcision for Chicken Pox Marks?

I have chicken pox marks that i have had since my collage days. Now that im 40 im looking to have them addressed and had a consultation with a cosmetic surgeon in my area. She has recommended subcision with a laser treatment. Would this be an effective way of removing the marks? they do look like rolling box scars and are quite sizeable.

Subcision combined with laser helpful for acne or chicken pox scars

+1

Subcision by an experienced board-certified dermatologist is helpful in releasing fibrous scar tissue that may be tugging downward existing acne or chicken pox scars. I recommend consideration of subcision prior to Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing or nonablative laser scar revision utilizing GenesisPlus or Spectra Laser to maximize clinical benefit. This is particularly helpful for ethnic skin as laser scar revision parameter needs to be a bit more conservative to minimize risk of post-treatment hyperpigmentation and thus subcision can augment the clinical result.

Web reference: http://www.drwilliamting.com/Acne_and_Acne_Scar.html

Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Acne scars and subcision

+1

Subcision is a good first step for the boxcar or rolling type of acne scars.  It is low risk and easy to recuperate from.  It can be done in combination with lasers, and fillers.  It is also cost effective.

Boston Dermatologic Surgeon

Acne scars usually require a multi-modal approach to improvement

+1

Acne scars usually require a multi-modal approach to improvement. This may consist of subcision, laser resurfacing, fillers, and chemical peels.

Chicago Dermatologist

Chicken pox scars

+1

Without a photo or face to face examination it is hard to say what would be best. If the scars are only a few millimeters wide and contain most of the normal skin elements at the depth of the pit punch incisions within the scar in my experience give a good long lasting result. As the incision heals it pushes the center of the scar out. I know some doctors have had good results with a subcision and injection of a long lasting filler +/- laser. The main issue is if the scar is large and is white, shiny etc. (missing skin components) the only available reliable treatment is scar excision and no matter what treatment is prescribed test it on a few chicken pox scars before treating them all at once.

Subcision for Chicken Pox Marks?

+1

Try a few of the worst pox marks to see if you obtain an improvement. Best of Luck from MIAMI DR. Darryl j. Blinski