Cellulite After Brazilian Butt Lift

Why do I have cellulite at the back of my legs after a butt fat transfer? I never had that before the surgery. I was pretty lean to start with. I was happy with the results at first, but now, it's getting smaller, yet the cellulite doesn't seem to go away even with diet and Endermologie treatments. I've been a fitness competitor for a few years, and I'm very upset because I never had that problem with cellulite before. I can't seem to get rid of it when it was easy before to get rid of it.

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Brazilian Butt Lift will not cause cellulite in your thighs

+1

After a Brazilian Butt lift, it is very common to have swelling and edema. In some patients this swelling will continue to settle and often moves into the thighs and lower extremities. The most important thing is to wear a garment that is applying even compressive pressure to the areas that received liposuction and is not applying pressure to the areas that the new fat grafts.

Be sure to follow up with your plastic surgeon regarding these new concerns. If you notice any swelling in your legs after surgery let them know as soon as possible so that they can make sure it is not something more dangerous

For more information on Brazilian butt lifts or butt augmentation, please schedule an iConsult or visit us online at the link below.

Web reference: http://www.miamiaesthetic.com/butt_augmentation_lift.htm

You may still be swollen

+2

Liposuction and Fat Grafting don't cause Cellulite. However, liposuction, if poorly done, can cause skin dimpling. Another possibility is that you might still be swollen. This might be exacerbaiting the pre-existing Cellulite and making it more difficult for you to get rid of.

Brazilian Butt Lift does not cause cellulite

+1

The irregularities you are seeing after the liposuction and fat transfer is probably due to excessive liposuction and canula marks, because liposuction and fat transfer do not cause cellulite.

Before and after pictures may help in the proper diagnosis.

Is is possible that I have new cellulite after my Brazilian Butt Lift?

+1

Hi there-

It is very unlikely that the appearance of cellulite was caused by the surgery, as the procedure you had involved ADDING fat to the area, so that if anything the appearance of dimples should have diminished...

Because cellulite is fundamentally a skin issue, it is most likely that you had the cellulite before the operation, but because you never spent as much time scrutinizing your behind before surgery as you do now (human nature, of course), you simply weren't as aware of the problem as you are now.

Web reference: http://www.DrArmandoSoto.com

Brazilian Butt lift and Cellulite

+1

The two are unrelated.  Butt lift involves remove fat from different areas of your body and then injecting the fat into the gluteal area.  It should not affect the back of your legs.  It is possible that they were there but went unnoticed.

Web reference: http://www.feplasticsurgery.com/