Best Way to Care for Skin During Tretinion Peeling?

Hi all I'm 27/female/ I've been using 0.25% tretinoin cream twice weekly for the past 8 weeks. I've never used it before so begun lowest strength. I've always had great skin but due to not taking care of it I began noticing fine lines ect. I'm delighted with results already, Just need advise on what to do/not to do during the peeling stage (should I wash face once or twice daily? How many times should I apply moisturizer and sunblock? And do I rub or pat sunblock into skin? Thank you so much

+2

One of the main side effects when starting to use Retin-A/tretinoin is a dry peeling reaction. This can be minimized by starting with a lower concentration such as .025% and even mixing it with your moisturizer for the first few weeks. I also recommend using it every other night for the first few weeks to let your skin adjust to it easier. A mild cleanser such as Cetaphil or Cerave also helps diminish peeling and irritation. Don't forget to use a daily sunscreen while using tretinoin which makes your skin more sensitive to the sun.

Dallas Dermatologic Surgeon