Will Capsular Contracture Soften with Massage?

About 31/2 (5/14/2013) months ago I got my BA. About three weeks ago I noticed that my right breast was a bit firmer and higher. I got saline, under smooth left 525 right 515. PS recommended for me to massage and also prescribed antibiotics. I'm also taking vitamin E. will this help capsule to soften. At one point implant was soft and had descended.

CAP CON

+2

If you catch it very early and aggressively massage it along with anti inflammatory medication and ultra sound treatment you may have a chance

Massaging implants

+2

Hi

There is no science behind massaging preventing capsule formation but it certainly can't hurt. So definitely worth doing.

3 weeks is still very early and you certainly won't have a capsule at the moment.

I hope this helps and good luck.

Pouria Moradi, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Capsular Contracture & Massage

+1

Breast massage and direct Vitamin E can help prevent capsular contracture, but if it is severe it may not help a lot.

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Capsular contracture

+1

If your breast has gotten hard over time, it may be due to scar tissue that formed around the implant.  Capsular contracture is progressive.  Patients usually notice capsular contracture when the implants become hard.  It can also cause distortion of the implant as well as give pain.  You should see your plastic surgeon to see whether you would need implant exchange with capsulectomy.

Sugene Kim, MD, FACS

Massage has no effect on capsular contracture.

+1

There is no clinical evidence to support massage for capsular contracture. Even theoretically it makes little sense.

Massage for capsular contracture

+1

I don't think that there is any evidence that breast implant massage helps to reduce capsular contractures. There is a possibility that using either singulair or accolate could help with an early capsular contracture, but antibiotics and massage really don't do anything. 

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Capsular contracture

+1

I am sorry to say that once you have a capsular contracture, massage will not help make it better.