Do I Have Capsular Contracture 5 Months Post-Op Breast Implants? (photo)

Hello Drs-I am 5 months post-op and my left breast is firmer and not as pliable as my right.Also,the crease has risen up since surgery.In addition,there is a dent on the outerside at the bottom of my left breast(not noticeable in picture).The first picture here is 3-weeks post-op, and the last three are 5 months post-op.The last one was taken with my body tilted back.You can see the right sits comfortably,while the left seems to have a 'bulge',a more defined edge.Do I have Capsular Contracture?

Breast Surgery

+1
It is very hard to make clinical decisions based on a very little information provided on the internet, I suggest you see a local board certified plastic surgeon with aesthetic expertise

Capsular Contracture at 5 months postop?

+1

It is hard to diagnose capsular contracture without an in office exam.  Thank you for your question.  Capsular Contracture is one of the main risks of breast augmentation.   Classic signs are:

1.  hardness/tightness of the implant
2.  change in implant position (typically migrates towards the collarbone)
3.  increased pain and stiffness on the associated side.
Based on your description, you should see a board certified plastic surgeon for evaluation of capsular contracture.    If present, I would recommend a capsulectomy (removal of scar tissue) and implant exchange. 
Factors to consider:
1.  If your implants are above your muscle, you may want to consider switching to underneath the muscle, which lessens the risk of capsular contracture.
2.  If your implants are above the muscle and you desire to keep them there, you may benefit from the use of a textured implant.
Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Capsular Contractures of Breast Implants

+1

If you had very small breasts to begin with and then had large breast implants placed, then your breast skin envelope may simply still be tight, and will gradually stretch out to accomodate the breast implants

It is difficult to tell from you photos whether or not you have capsular contractures of your breast implants.  A physical examination is needed. 

Capsular Contracture breast Augmentation

+1

It looks like from the photos you do an examination would give the definative diagnosis.  This can be fixed with revisional surgery.  I would recommend working with your surgeon unless you have a communication issue.

Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Revision breast augmentation usually works.

+1

Hi.

1)  Hard to tell exactly the cause, but one side looks quite different than the other.  Also you have a sharp line above your left breast and what looks like a prominent scar under your right breast.

2)  In a couple of months you may want to consider a revision.  With good planning, a good result can usually be achieved.

Capsular contracture?

+1

Unable to tell without an exam.  May be a contracted capsule and may be malposition of the implant.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

+1

Thanks for the posted photos. Very hard to tell over the internet. Best to obtain an in person second opinion. Would like to see the before photos, you may have been asymmetric. 

Capsular contracture

+1

You may very well have a capsular contracture, but an exam is important to figure that out.  Each breast will be a bit asymmetric with one always with a lower fold than the other, but the concerning thing is that the implants has risen and does not move well.

Do I have Capsular Contracture

+1

Based on the pictures and your breast firmness, capsular contracture is likely. You should discuss with your plastic surgeon.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Misshapen breast after breast implant and capsular contracture

+1

Unfortunately the visible sharp edges of the implants is a sign of capsular contracture. The contraction of the capsules has also shifted the nipple position especially on the left. You need to go back to your original surgeon to discuss options available to you.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.