Canthoplasty - Uneven Eyelids, Pinched Corners 1 Month Post Op? (photo)

Hello. A month ago I had canthoplasty with fat repositioning. My eyes are uneven, pinched and tight.Please see my before & after photos. My PS says that my eyes will get back to normal but I'm in big doubts. 8 years I had transconjunctival lower lid blepharoplasty with fat repositioning for tear through with the same PS and I looked fine after 3 weeks. This year ( I'm 44 now) I wanted to refresh my tear through area and here we are.... I'd like to know your opinion. Thank you very much.

Heal fully..

+2

Considering the surgery was done approximately 1 month prior to your posting of your questions, it is important to realize that full healing after eyelid surgery requires approximately 6 months or up to 1 year for healing. In my practice I observe my patients on approximately every1 to 2 month during their follow up visits. Then I make decisions along the way based on my experience on whether or not any type of intervention is necessary.

Web reference: http://prasadcosmeticsurgery.com/

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Canthoplasty and eyelid position

+2

Typically, even the best or tightest canthoplasty will relax over time. In fact it is usually best to overtighten slightly in my opinion. Being one month out, your appearance at least from the limited photos appears appropriate. Good luck.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Canthoplasty/pexy and eye positioning

+2

At three weeks it is early, and over time things usually soften up a bit. There is still a lot of swelling. 

Normally things do change a lot with healing.

+2

However, it is not that likely that the change you are seeing will return to the preoperative state even after a year.  The canthal angles have been over elevated.  This visually cuts into the normally exposed white sclera on the lateral aspect of the eyes.  This is why the eyes look smaller.  In addition I get the impression that the right upper eyelid is more ptotic or droopy after surgery.  Do give yourself time to heal but if things are not better by 6 months after surgery, you may decide to have revisional surgery.

Canthoplasty - Uneven Eyelids, Pinched Corners 1 Month Post Op?

+2

I would agree with your plastic surgeon and my RealSelf colleagues. Your lower eyelids do appear slightly over-corrected (normal at this point in time) and you do have swelling. These issues should resolve with time. It sounds like you trusted your plastic surgeon enough to return for a second procedure and it is likely that this surgery will turn out as well as the last. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/blepharoplasty/

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Canthoplasty and Eyelid Surgery

+2

Thank you for the pictures.  You still have a lot of swelling.  The result at this point looks fine.  I would allow several more months to pass before the results are critically evaluated. The swelling will decrease and the canthoplasty will relax.

Dr. ES

Canthoplasty

+2

One month and counting: After 12 months, you will be in a position to truly evaluate the final result.  It looks like "time" will be on your side (in this case).

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon