I Had a Botox Done on my Jaw Line, but Now when I Am Laughing my Upper Lip Looks Alot Smaller?

Update here

Botox Affecting Lip Symmetry

+2

From reading your additional post, you seem to have already figured out what has happened.  I would wait this out until any further treatments are performed.

Altered Smile/Upper Lip after Botox to Jaw Line

+2

Dear Roby,

If your smile has been affected by the injection of Botox, it is most likely that either some muscles that shouldn't have been injected were injected, or perhaps the Botox migrated to muscles that were not and should not have been injected. Fortunately Botox only has it's effect for approximately 3 months. I would recommend you just follow with your doctor closely to be sure things are returning to normal with time, as they should.

David Cangello, MD

Botox on your jawline

+2

Depending on where the injections were placed, they may affect your upper lip.  You should return to your injector so he can see your results and modify your future treatments.  This effect is temporary and your lip will return to normal in about 2 to 3 months.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Botox

+2

Dear roby,  it sounds as though you probably had Botox injected into the masseter muscles to make the lower part of your face a little narrower.  If that injection is placed to high or too far forward one can get migration of the Botox into the muscles of the lip.  I would recommend you followup with your physician to demonstrate the results so that the dose and or location of the Botox can be modified for future treatments.  The effects of the Botox are going to wear off so you will go back to normal and if your injector is a board certified physician, they should be able to prevent this happening in the future.

Peter J. Jenkin, MD, FAAD
Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for jaw line - wide jaw?

+2
Botox used for jaw line usually refers to wide jaws when Botox is used to make the muscles on the side smaller - to narrow the appearance of the jaw.  If this is what was done then it's extremely unlikely that muscles that affect the mouth have been affected.  Can you provide more details?

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Botox Changed Smile?

+2

Hi Roby.  Without the before and after pictures, it's difficult to say whether what you are seeing is related or perceptible to a third party.  Injections of Botox in the lower face can cause changes in the smile if the product migrates to muscles that were not intended for injection are affected.  Best way to address your concern is to return to your injector and check out the before photos.  Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Botox for jawline

+2

It is difficult to answer your question without more details, however, injection of botox around the chin and lips can cause a change in your smile. Often times this is temporary for a few weeks until the muscles adapt to the change.

Botox last for approximately four months, and the region should return to normal at this time. 

Jamil Asaria, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox to jawline

+2

It is very difficult to asnwer your question without first knowing the amount injected into your masseters and injection technique. You should consider posting photo's of before and after treatment for better assessment.

Sam Naficy, MD