Can Nipple Surgery Correct Protruding Nipples?

Can excessively protruding nipples be corrected by nipple surgery? I'm a 22 year old male and mine noticeably stick out. I think it's embarrassing.

Correcting large nipples

+2

Large nipples can be corrected by reduction of the tip of the nipple. For men, it is easy and with minimal risks. For woman, reduction will preclude them from breast feeding in the future.

Protruding Nipples

+1
  • Yes. This condition is
    extremely common among men. The operative technique is very predictable, easy
    to customize to meet your expectations, and leaves no visible scar.
  • The operation is done in
    the office under local anesthesia and you can return to work or school the same
    day. The results look great and last the rest of your life.

James Romano, MD

Male nipple reduction

+1
It is common for me to perform nipple reduction in males.  It requires expertise, but it may be done under just local anesthesia with great results and a quick recovery.

David Stoker, MD

Correcting large nipples

+1

This is a very simple procedure in males

The excess skin is shaved off under local anesthetic.Usually no sutures are necessary

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Male Nipple Reduction

+1

Nipple reduction for men is a good procedure to treat prominent nipples. I do this procedure by removing a segment of nipple and covering the area with a superior nipple flap. The degree of flattening (most men want the result to be  almost flush with the areola)  can be tailored to the patient's requests.

The procedures done under local anesthesia,  requires very little downtime and is highly patient pleasing.

22 yo protruding male nipples

+1

Unlike most female nipple protrusion, male protrusion is generally due to underlying glandular tissue beneath the nipple as opposed to the actual length of the nipple. There are several ways to approach this situation. Removing the gland in whole or in part can be done with direct excsion through an open wound or  with suction of the gland to remove the tissue through 1-2 mm incisions. The later heal with  almost no visible scar and the gland can be collapsed to the size you desire. The effect of this is to make the nipple flatter so that it doesn't stick out in a tight shirt.
In any event, you need to be seen in  person  by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to assist you in making a decision as to what is best for you. I hope that this is helpful for you . Jon Sattler, MD Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Glendora, California.

Jon Sattler, MD
Glendora Plastic Surgeon

Excessively large nipples can be reduced.

+1

There are a variety of techniques for reducing excessively large nipples.  Most of these procedures can be done under local anesthesia.  

They generally involve excision of an overly projection nipple.

Seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who can  evaluate you and discuss your options in detail.

Fredrick A. Valauri, MD

Yes, but it depends whether it is the nipple itself of the brown area around the nipple which is prominen

+1

The answer to this is yes, but it depends whether it is the nipple itself of the brown area around the nipple which is prominent. This area is called the areola.

If you simply have protrude nipples and nipple reduction technique can be performed under local anesthetic and is normally very effective.

For puffiness underneath the areolar, more extensive operation would need to be performed which removes the excess breast tissue beneath this area which causes the puffiness.

In either case, surgery is possible but it might be worthwhile scheduling a consultation with a plastic surgeon to discuss which is better for you, the costs and what is involved with the procedure.

Adrian Richards, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Nipple reduction for males and females

+1

There are several different techniques used for for both males and females to reduce the nipple width and height (nipple size). I have been performing a Brazilian technique which gives very good results with no visible scars. I perform this procedure under local anesthesia and there is no downtime.

Ivan Thomas, MD (retired)

Nipple reduction breast reduction

+1

yes nipple size can be reduced. There are simple, in office procedures that can be done to reduce the size of nipples in males and females. These take about 10 minutes to perfrom and you can return to work immediatetly afterwards. It is a highly successful procedure with minimal complications.

Michael S. Beckenstein, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon