425 cc High profile silicone implants with lift, too big? Measurements and pics attached. (photos)

I was very persistent on getting the mod plus 371 but my surgeon said that I would benefit from the 425 Hp due to my loss of volume. (With circumareolar lift) 36 years old, 5'8" tall, 125lbs. Breast fed for over a year. Currently deflated A-B cup. I am active, gym, weights, yoga, surfing. Measurements/ pics attached. Every body is different, we have different starting points, my starting point is with very deflated breasts. He said that the 425 hp won't look too big because of my volume loss

Lift with 425 HP implants, ? Too Big

+2
Probably. The 371 requires a base diameter of 12.9 and you are 12 and 12.5 on your spec sheet, so that won't work well. Also you so seem to have a thinner torso, and there is still quite a lot breast tissue, although it is ptotic.  If you wanted to go 425, theoretically the base width of 12.0 would work.  You just have to realize that you are going to be a D cup at least. 
 Active life style and large implants, combined with a lift that puts stress on already stretched and weakened tissue, not a good combination.  Think smaller in these circumstances. Perhaps trying on sizers and wearing them in your bra for a week, if your doctor would permit that, would save you some headaches, down the line.

Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Are 425 cc breast implants plus lift too large for me?

+2
Thank you for your question.  You are starting from an excellent place and should have a good result.  Although you can accommodate 425 cc breast implants a breast implant sizing system evaluation can be helpful.  By placing breast implant sizers into a non-padded bra you can see how you will look following that enlargement.  My one concern is that you're very active physically.  You will look fabulous but will the extra breast size be cumbersome?For more information on choosing breast implant size please read the following link:

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

+2
Looking at your pictures: You have grade III droopiness with an "A/B" cup size. I always ask my patients what cup size they desire and work from there. Then during consultation we agree on what can be accomplished.
Having said that, with a 425 cc implant, my guess that you will be a "D" cup size. In patients like yourself , I use high profile implants and you will need a circumareolar mastopexy. In my opinion, implants alone will not give you the lift and projection you desire.

Maan Kattash, MD, FRCS

Are high profile implants too big?

+2
Hello and thank you for your question. Good photos. The implant size should be determined at your consultation. Then your chest width is measured. The correct width implant is chosen. Depending on the volume agreed to, the corresponding implant profile is chosen. Although you are tall you look like you have a narrow chest. To accommodate a moderate profile implant a corresponding lower volume implant would be needed.
I also agree that a small lift will be needed.
Peter Fisher M.D. 

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Benelli Mastopexy Plus 425cc HP - Is This Too Big For My 5'8" Frame?

+2
Congratulations on your decision to reconstruct your breast.  In my opinion, your plastic surgeon has given you an excellent recommendation.  Because of your height, the 425 cc implant will look like about a 325 if you were 5'3".  Also, I am glad you didn't do a moderate plus implant because mid-range implants made by both American manufacturers are underfilled, and in slender people like you, tend to show traction rippling.

You show the four main problems seen in the postpartum ptotic (droopy) breasts.

1.  Your breasts are hanging on your chest wall.
2.  Your areola are too large.
3.  Your areola are too low on the breast mound.
4.  You have no fullness in the upper quadrant.

The high profile implant not only gives you more fullness in the upper quadrant, but it also tends to lift the breast more.  The circumareolar mastopexy (Benelli) does a nice job of lifting your breasts, but the extra lift from the high profile will help give you the perky breasts you are looking for. 

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

425 cc High profile silicone implants with lift, too big? Measurements and pics attached.

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.   Based on your photographs, you should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation/lifting surgery. Unfortunately, in regards to specific size/profile of breast implant, despite good intentions, online consultants will not be able to provide you with  meaningful specific advice.  Ultimately,  you will do well spending additional time with your plastic surgeon communicating your goals, questions, and concerns. Do not proceed to the operating room until you feel comfortable that you are both on the same page when it comes to the goals you are trying to achieve.  In other words, careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.  

2.  Again, have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.  The use of computer imaging may be very helpful during this communication phase.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.  The use of temporary intraoperative sizers with the patient in the upright position makes selection of the best breast implant size/profile relatively easy.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Breast Lift with Implants

+1
Hi Cali,
It sounds like you are seeing a very carful surgeon, who does good preop analysis.  A narrower base implant make sense.  This is more fully outlined below by Dr. Lowen, so see his answer.  If the implant is too wide, you end up with a "Side-boob."  So, any way, all the best, "Dr. Joe"

Joe Gryskiewicz, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Are 425cc high profile implants too big

+1
Given your breast diameter, the 371cc implant you wanted is too wide for you chest, and not the best option.  The 425cc high profile implant with a lift would look good and not too big, but you may find them too large for your active lifestyle.  

David S. Chang, MD

Needs more than a Benelli

+1
I personally feel that, in order to get the best result, you would need more than just the circumareolar lift. In my opinion, you need at least the lollipop scars if not more. I would highly recommend asking your surgeon to review with you photos of women with similar anatomy.  This is very much surgeon dependent.  In my experience, the circumareolar lift does very little actual 'lifting'. 

Aaron D. Gorin, MD

Are 425 high profile silicone implants too big for breast augmenation?

+1
You look tall, thin and athletic by your pictures.  Bigger implants mean they may get in the way of your activities and this is an important fact to take into consideration.  It is always possible that by putting in a larger implant, that your surgeon is trying to avoid doing a mastopexy (or lift) that would have more of a scar.  Sometimes it is okay to put in a little smaller implant and doing an different mastopexy, even if it means a little more scarring. It is important to talk to your surgeon again to see what his or her thoughts are for choosing that combination of surgery. Good luck with your board certified plastic surgeon!

Elisa A. Burgess, MD