425 cc High profile silicone implants with lift, too big? Measurements and pics attached. (photos)

I was very persistent on getting the mod plus 371 but my surgeon said that I would benefit from the 425 Hp due to my loss of volume. (With circumareolar lift) 36 years old, 5'8" tall, 125lbs. Breast fed for over a year. Currently deflated A-B cup. I am active, gym, weights, yoga, surfing. Measurements/ pics attached. Every body is different, we have different starting points, my starting point is with very deflated breasts. He said that the 425 hp won't look too big because of my volume loss

Lift with 425 HP implants, ? Too Big

Probably. The 371 requires a base diameter of 12.9 and you are 12 and 12.5 on your spec sheet, so that won't work well. Also you so seem to have a thinner torso, and there is still quite a lot breast tissue, although it is ptotic.  If you wanted to go 425, theoretically the base width of 12.0 would work.  You just have to realize that you are going to be a D cup at least. 
 Active life style and large implants, combined with a lift that puts stress on already stretched and weakened tissue, not a good combination.  Think smaller in these circumstances. Perhaps trying on sizers and wearing them in your bra for a week, if your doctor would permit that, would save you some headaches, down the line.

Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Are 425 cc breast implants plus lift too large for me?

Thank you for your question.  You are starting from an excellent place and should have a good result.  Although you can accommodate 425 cc breast implants a breast implant sizing system evaluation can be helpful.  By placing breast implant sizers into a non-padded bra you can see how you will look following that enlargement.  My one concern is that you're very active physically.  You will look fabulous but will the extra breast size be cumbersome?For more information on choosing breast implant size please read the following link:

Are 425 high profile silicone implants too big for breast augmenation?

You look tall, thin and athletic by your pictures.  Bigger implants mean they may get in the way of your activities and this is an important fact to take into consideration.  It is always possible that by putting in a larger implant, that your surgeon is trying to avoid doing a mastopexy (or lift) that would have more of a scar.  Sometimes it is okay to put in a little smaller implant and doing an different mastopexy, even if it means a little more scarring. It is important to talk to your surgeon again to see what his or her thoughts are for choosing that combination of surgery. Good luck with your board certified plastic surgeon!

Are high profile implants too big?

Hello and thank you for your question. Good photos. The implant size should be determined at your consultation. Then your chest width is measured. The correct width implant is chosen. Depending on the volume agreed to, the corresponding implant profile is chosen. Although you are tall you look like you have a narrow chest. To accommodate a moderate profile implant a corresponding lower volume implant would be needed.
I also agree that a small lift will be needed.
Peter Fisher M.D. 

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

425 cc High profile silicone implants with lift, too big? Measurements and pics attached.

Thank you for the question and pictures.   Based on your photographs, you should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation/lifting surgery. Unfortunately, in regards to specific size/profile of breast implant, despite good intentions, online consultants will not be able to provide you with  meaningful specific advice.  Ultimately,  you will do well spending additional time with your plastic surgeon communicating your goals, questions, and concerns. Do not proceed to the operating room until you feel comfortable that you are both on the same page when it comes to the goals you are trying to achieve.  In other words, careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.  

2.  Again, have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.  The use of computer imaging may be very helpful during this communication phase.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.  The use of temporary intraoperative sizers with the patient in the upright position makes selection of the best breast implant size/profile relatively easy.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Breast Lift with Implants

Hi Cali,
It sounds like you are seeing a very carful surgeon, who does good preop analysis.  A narrower base implant make sense.  This is more fully outlined below by Dr. Lowen, so see his answer.  If the implant is too wide, you end up with a "Side-boob."  So, any way, all the best, "Dr. Joe"

Are 425cc high profile implants too big

Given your breast diameter, the 371cc implant you wanted is too wide for you chest, and not the best option.  The 425cc high profile implant with a lift would look good and not too big, but you may find them too large for your active lifestyle.  

David S. Chang, MD

Needs more than a Benelli

I personally feel that, in order to get the best result, you would need more than just the circumareolar lift. In my opinion, you need at least the lollipop scars if not more. I would highly recommend asking your surgeon to review with you photos of women with similar anatomy.  This is very much surgeon dependent.  In my experience, the circumareolar lift does very little actual 'lifting'. 

Implants

The sizing of the implants depends on your height, weight, chest diameter and inframammmary crease width. Your expectations with the appearance of the high profile vs. the moderate plus profile implants is also  important. Bigger implants are not always the better solution to ptosis and volume loss

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Breast agmentation implant selection

Breast implant selection is best done in the setting of ao formal consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Choose your surgeon carefully; this is the most important decision you will make in regards to your breast augmentation. All members of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery are board certified in plastic surgery with experience ino cosmetic surgery.  surgery.org will give you a list of such surgeons in your area.

Come to your consultation prepared to discuss your aesthetic goals - bust fullness, figure balance and breast shape.  Bringing photos to illistrate your point can be helpful.  After an examination your surgeon will be able to discuss and recommend particular implants that will best achieve your aesthetic goals.  Some surgeons will use various tools to help patients choose their implants.  Implant sizing, 2D photography, 3D photography and photo gallery review are a few.  Ultimately I believe the patient should make the final decisioni with regards to theo implant.  I believe the surgeon's role is to offer advice; I do not think the surgeon's role is to dictate which implants patients choose.

Michael B. Tantillo, MD