Are Butt Implants Cheaper Than the Fat Transfer?

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Butt implants

+1

Dear Roxxane, The simple answer to your question is 'Yes'. That is because fat injection to the butts, do not last beyond 6 - 12 months. Just yesterday, I had a patient who came for  butt augmentation consultation for butt implants . She had fat injection to the butts 2 months ago and the fat already dissolved to a degree that made her unhappy and she is planning butt implants. I recommended to her to wait 6 -12 months before getting the butt implants because her present butt size will be reduced dramatically with time and the implants size and shape will have to be adjusted to the final  butt size and shape. This story was repeated many times in my practice. Obviously , when you add butt implants to fat injection the cost is much higher. The big advantage of butt implants is that they do not disappear . You have, however, to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who has lots of experience with butt implants and check the before and after results to make sure that you like the results.Best of luck, Dr Widder

Web reference: http://widderplasticsurgery.com

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Cost of Butt Implants vs BBL

+1

To answer your question:

In terms of costs of the procedure, buttock implants are more expensive than the brazilian butt lift. The cost of the prosthesis is the principal factor that makes the difference in price. Also the advantage of being a more long-lived process in terms of results, also gives an added value.

To give you a numerical idea of the costs of these procedures in our country, the price range of a brazilian butt lift is 3500-4000 USD, while the buttocks implant surgery is between 4800-5500 USD, depending on the hospital, the surgeon and the quality of implants used.

It is very important that you choose a surgeon with experience in the realization of this procedure.

Best Regards,

+1

The fee will depend upon the surgeon and the area. If I have the choice to perform the Brazilian buttlift or the buttock implantation, I would choose the Brazilian buttlift. The implants have a more significant side effect profile, and they only change the butt. The liposuction in the BBL can sculpt virtually anything and create virtually anything. The results after initial six weeks are stable over time for years and years. I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/brazilian-buttlift-photo-galleries.php

Hello Roxxane

+1

Thank you for this question.  It is always recommended to come in for your consultation so we can see you and determine which surgery is best for your body type and shape.  Depends on how much fat cells you have and the look you're trying to achieve.  Usually, every patients price quote varies.  Some patients who do a butt augmentation with implants may need liposuction to give their body more shape and contouring.  If you are very petite you may only need buttock implants and no liposuction may be cheaper.  In our office we see prices vary from $8,900 and higher for either procedure.  The price varies depending on time needed for surgery and liposuction areas.