I Just Bumped my Nose with my Finger 3 Days Post Op, Will This Harm my Nose?

I was trying to move my hair out of my face and accidentally bumped my nose on the tip with my hand. Will this cause my nose to be deformed, or change results? It wasn't a very hard bump but still hurt, and stings a bit now a few minutes later. Thank you for all answers

Bumped @ 3 days

+1

Without visible trauma or epistaxis (nose bleed), it is not likely that you permanently damaged your nose.  However, give your surgeon a jingle and tell him what happened.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Trauma At 3 Days After Rhinoplasty

+1

Based on your post it seems that you have not caused a damage to your nose but you need to keep an eye on your progress so if any unusual changes are to happen you should notify your surgeon.

What could happen after your incident is to have some swelling and/or redness in the area of impact that should resolve quickly.

Thank you for your post.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Bumped Nose After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hello. A light bump to your nose should not cause enough trauma to affect the results of your rhinoplasty, but it may cause inflammation which can delay the healing process. If you experience large amounts of pain or have other concerns, check with your surgeon so that they can examine the situation and treat it properly.

Jaime Perez, MD
Rhinoplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD