Bulge on one side of supratip four months after rhinoplasty, is it swelling?

there is a bulge on one side of the supratip, is it swelling? it makes the tip (especially on the opposite side) look like it is drooping.It also looks the worst at an angle. Will the bulge go away with time or does it need to be removed with surgery?

+1
It is still too early to make a determination about the final result.

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.

Supratip Swelling after Rhinoplasty

+1

Supratip edema may take a long time to resolve and occasionally benefits from cortisone injections. That said, if the deformity is due to persistent cartilage it may not resolve. Best to follow up with your surgeon to get his opinion.

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

4 months still early

+1
Irregularities, asymmetries, bulges, etc. can take a long time to go away so wait at least a year before considering revision surgery.  Also, sometimes such swelling is from scar tissue and injection of steroids can be helpful.

John Frodel, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip bulge

+1
Unfortunately no photos were submitted so I can really give an intelligent evaluation as to what is going on. That said I would go back to my PS and bring the problem to his attention and see what he has to say. Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

+1
It is difficult to say at this time.  The swelling in the nose takes many months, and some would argue close to 1 year to fully resolve.  Even if surgery is necessary for correction, it would be far to early in my opinion to be getting it done any time soon.

For more information, please go to my website at:
WirthPlasticSurgery.com

Garrett A. Wirth, MD, FACS