Bruises After Silicone Microdroplet Injections

I have some minor bruising on my cheek and forehead from my silicone microdroplet injections. How can I reduce or get rid of them? Warm compresses? Ice pack? How long does bruising from these injections typically last?

How to Handle Bruising Post Silicone Treatment

+3

Bruising is a potential side effect with any treatment involving needle injections. Not even the best physicians are perfect and avoid bruising 100% of the time. Silicone injections are a huge part of my practice and we deal with occasional bruising. When I am doing the treatment in the office, as soon as I see more brisk bleeding that could later lead to a bruise, we apply intense pressure with either a gauze or a q-tip directly to the spot.

After the treatment, we also always have all patients hold pressure with gauze for 5-10 minutes. I believe immediate pressure in the office is the best way to prevent or minimize bruising. Bruising, when occuring, lasts anywhere from 3 to 7 days depending on the individual. I honestly do not believe warm compresses or ice packs at home (as it is too late really) make much of a difference.

However, it cannot hurt and some patients find it soothing. But again, the key is applying and holding pressure in the office. Some of our patients believe Arnica helps, however I am not convinced it really makes a diffrerence. Hope this helps!

Bruises Be Gone

+2

Ice packs--great idea, use it on and off for the first 24 hours.

Arnica montana--take this orally, next time start the day before

Vitamin K topical cream--will improve and clear bruising

Consider pulsed dye laser treatment--it will clear the bruise in approximately 1/2 the time.  Lower energies should be used.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Severe bruising after filler injection

+1

Bruising may be the result of several diffiernt conditions. Consider using Arnica orally as wel as in topical cream or gel. Perhaps i severe enough, ti could warrant evaluation with an hematolgoc work up. 

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/skin-procedures-chicago/injectables

Bruising after silicone injections

+1

Bruising after silicone injections can occur.  Injection related bruising can be minimized by Arnica based supplements are creams before and after surgery.  I recommend the Bruise-Pak chewable pills and Bruise-Stick ointment stick.

Web reference: http://www.bruisestick.com