How Much Silikon 1000 is Needed for Lip Augmentation?

I have been researching silikon 1000 for years now, and have finally come to the decision that I want my lips done with it.

I am wondering how much would be ideal to inject into each lip at a time? I've been told 1 cc would be too much for each lip at a time with silicone. Would you agree?

Silikon 1000 Lip Augmentation

+4

Silikon 1000 is a great product for lip augmentation. The upside - and the downside - is that it's permanent!

While it is not possible to tell you how much you would require without an examination, I'd recommend slow augmentation - no more than 0.8cc total per session - over several sessions spaced at least 4-6 weeks apart. When properly done, this slow and steady technique allows for predictable, smooth augmentation.

Since silikon 1000 is a permanent product, only trust an experienced facial plastic surgeon or dermatologist - injection technique is VERY different form Restylane, Juvederm, etc, and a physician who is not specifically trained in silikon can do permanent harm.

Good luck!

Mike Nayak, MD

Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Silicone is ideal for lips if injected by skilled doctor

+4

In the right hands (experienced, trained), liquid injectable silicone is an ideal filler for lip augmentation. In addition to being permanent, it is very precise and smooth, allowing for natural-looking results.

It is difficult to say how much silicone is needed for lip augmentation because every case is different and therefore requires different amounts. In general, as silicone is permanent, I explain to my patients that I never try reach our end goal with just one treatment (unless for something very small or minor). In general, I never use more than 1cc total for both lips per treatment. Less is more and the doctor can always add a little more at a follow up visit.

Liquid injectable silicone is safe in the right hands which includes a board-certified dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon who uses and has experience with the multiple micro-droplet injection technique. The FDA has approved the use of silicone as a medical device; however it is an “off-label” use when used for lip augmentation.

Channing R. Barnett, MD

How much Silikon 1000 needed for lip augmentation?

+2

I have found that more Silikon is needed for lip augmentation than with other temporary fillers. Although each patient is unique, the typical volumes placed are in the range of 1-4 cc's total, to augment both the upper and lower lips. This is performed in stages to avoid over-correction and to ensure smoother results using the 'micro-droplet technique'. This reduces the chance of creating large pockets of silicone that will migrate or cause long term cosmetic problems. Silicone injection is very technique dependent and you must see someone who is experienced to reduce these potential problems. I never talk patients into silicone injections. They are usually patients who like their lips augmented but want a more permanent solution. Nevertheless, it is a permanent filler and if problems arise they can be difficult to correct without surgery. Best of Luck  Dr Harrell

Jon F. Harrell, DO

Silikon 1000 microdroplet technique for lip enlargement

+2

If using the microdroplet technique, 1 cc would be considered excessive and administration of 0.1cc per lip would be considered a more reasonable with several injection sessions planned over several months.

Silikon 1000 for the lips

+1

Silikon 1000 and other silicone fillers have been used quite prolifically on the lips and face. In general, silicone augmentation has a theoretical risk of extrusion, infection, chronic inflammation, deformity, and granuloma formation. Nonetheless, many patients choose to have it performed. I generally advise against it but you should have a serious discussion with your plastic surgeon or dermatologist before performing the procedure.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

I would advise against it

+1

I have seen patients with silicone injected into their lips with terrible lumps and bumps that required excising about half of their lip to reduce the appearance. There are MANY problems associated with permanent fillers that are exceedingly dificult to fix if not impossible. Stick with the temporary fillrs as they will never hurt you!

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS