EMatrix After Facial Fillers?

My eMatrix place will only do eMatrix 3 months or more after fillers are placed in the face. However, I'm wondering if this is different for Sculptra, since it is such a different method of filling. I would like to be able to get an eMatrix treatment sooner. What is the advice on this?

EMatirx is RF not laser

The placement of fillers is different than where eMatrix energy is delivered in a sublative manner. As such, after a week, there is no contraindication to doing eMatrix a week after facial filler placement. 

Ematrix for acne scars

There shouldn't be a problem in the Ematrix treatments with fillers as the Ematrix power is directed towards the dermis and does not extend below into the subcutaneous space. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

EMatrix after facial fillers

eMatrix is done at much different depths than facial fillers. I recommend people not have any type of laser treatment for 24 hours after fillers, but after that, regardless of the filler type, I perform laser treatments including eMatrix and Invasix Fractora on my patients. The depths are so much different there is no reason to wait.

EMatrix and Fillers

EMatrix can be performed following fillers such as Restylane, Juvederm, Sculptura etc.  It is recommended to discuss timing of treatments with your provider as every physician has his or her individual preferences.

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon