Broken Nose 15 Years Ago - Can This Leave Long Lasting Effects? (photo)

At age 2 i severely broke my nose.Ever since then i've had problems with my nose.For the past 15 years,i had irregular random headaches,bad sinus problems(I snot constantly),from ages 10-15 i would get nose bleeds constantly.My nose is fairly big, with excess tissue in the front and a little hump.I don't like the way it looks,and believe because i broke my nose at that time it grew irregularly.is this possible?would medicaid cover a septoplasty?will this surgery fix the excess tissue/hump?

Broken nose 15 years ago

+1

A septorhinoplasty will fix any cosmetic issues with the nose and help improve your breathing as well. It is difficult to give you any precise advice without examining your nose in person. I would recommend visiting an experienced and board certified rhinoplasty specialist. Look for credentials, a good amount of before and after photos, and fantastic patient testimonials. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Web reference: http://www.spaldingplasticsurgery.com/face/rhinoplasty/

Broken nose

+1

Dear Raybella12,

• You can take care of both problems at the same time
  • It is hard to find a physician who accepts medicaid, but it is covered if you can find one
  • Breaking the nose when you are young can make the nose grow slightly crooked and with a deviated septum
  • The headaches and sinus issues need to be further investigated and are NOT related to a deviated septum

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Broken nose, sinus problems, rhinoplasty, septoplasty

+1

Repair of a broken nose can be performed but only when it interferes with breathing problems. A septoplasty is performed for nasal obstruction which is a medical necessity  ( billed to the patient's medical insurance). Chronic sinusitis is usually treated initially with antibiotics and antihistamines and decongestants, and If that fails then a CAT scan of the paranasal sinuses is ordered. Functional endoscopic sinus surgery is performed to remove polyps causing chronic sinusitis on the inside of the sinuses. This is also  billed  to the patient's medical insurance out of medical necessity. A rhinoplasty is performed to change the shape of the nose is considered cosmetic and must be paid for by the patient. All of these surgeries can be performed at the same time under one anesthetic. The patient  pays for the cosmetic portion while the remainder of the functional surgery is billed to the patient's insurance

Web reference: http://seattle-rhinoplasty.com