2 Months Post Rhinoplasty: Broken Capillaries on Left Top Corner of Nose

I had my nose job done 2 months ago & I understand that I might face lots of unexpected changes in my face & nose during the healing process, but is it normal to suddenly see a red stain like broken capillary on top between eye & nose line ? whereas I never had such a experince, could it be related to my nose job?

Broken Capillaries Treatable After Rhinoplasty

+2

Broken capillaries are very common on nasal skin and are called telangiectasia.  Most people over the age of 30 have at least a few.  If you have Rosacea the condition will be worse.  Any trauma to the nose can bring out telangiectasia and that includes rhinoplasty.  Once you are 6 months or so post rhinoplasty feel free to have them treated.  The best treatment is with a KTP laser such as the Aura.  A Photofacial also can be effective.  The treatment is quite simple and usually requires no formal healing.  The area may be a little irritated after the treatment but a small amount of makeup typically makes people look normal immediately after the treatment.  It may take several treatments to reach optimal results.

Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon

Redness of your nasal skin may be treated after Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+2

I read your concern. In my practice, I have seen occasional patchy redness of the nasal bridge skin after Rhinoplasty Surgery. This is likely due to an exacerbation of underlying rosacea and is typically treated and self-limited. I have seen improvement of nasal redness with 3 or 4 IPL PhotoFacial treatments. Sometimes a few larger vessels will require cauterization.

Speak to your Rhinoplasty surgeon and consider consulting a reputable cosmetic dermatologist for help.

Regards from NJ.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Broken capillaries after Rhinoplasty

+2

Yes, you can have broken capillaries appear on the nose of face after Rhinoplasty and Face Lifts.  As the skin races to get blood into the nasal tissue, in order to heal, after a Rhinoplasty these  capillary braches can be seen.  In reality, these are not broken capillaries but a fine network of expanding smaller and smaller capillaries.  These can be easilly treated with IPL or Laser after your nose is completely healed from your Rhinoplasty.