Is my Nose is Too Big and Masculine Looking for my Face?

I have such a small face and small features, except for my nose. I feel like I should have a cute, petite and more feminine looking nose to fit the rest of my face. Do you think my nose is too masculine and big for my face and it is disproportionate to my other small features?

If you agree with me and I were to have rhinoplasty, what do you suggest I do to make it more feminine, petite, cute, and fit my face properly?

Rhinoplasty

+3

Your nose does appear in some disproportion to your facial features making it a focal point. From the photos you provided your eyes, lips, chin and checks are in proportion to your face. Regarding your nose, the tip is slightly wide and under rotated. It is difficult to see the bridge clearly from those photos, but I do not see a significant hump. I suggest you see a board certified plastic surgeon to evaluate your nose and provide you with the appropriate surgery. 

Achieving facial balance with Rhinoplasty and Chin Augmentation

+3

A large nose on a petite woman's face looks even larger when the chin is small. To achieve facial balance and harmony it is important not only to look at the size and shape of the nose by itself, but more so at its relative porportions and relationships with other parts of the face, such as the chin, lips, cheek, etc. Looking at your photograph, I feel that you will benefit from making your nose smaller, as well as augmenting the size of your chin to create more balance.

S. Sean Younai, MD, FACS

More feminine nose is possible

+2

The rhinoplasty procedure is done to feminize, refine, and make the nose smaller in many cases.  Tip suturing techniques and removal of cartilage, narrows and refines the nasal tip.  The bridge can be narrowed by a combination of both medial and lateral osteotomies to inwardly narrow the nasal bones.  Wide nostrils are reduced through weirs excisions at the base of the nostril.  This is also called an alarplasty.  Any columellar show can be addressed by trimming back the membranous septum.  Together these techniques result in a nose that is more refined and feminine.  This can all be done through a closed rhinoplasty technique under general anesthesia.  It is best to have anesthesia performed by a board certified anesthesiologist in a certified ambulatory surgery center.  

Rhinoplasty for masculine nose

+2

I would agree that a rhinoplasty could help to soften your facial features. There is evident increased width on the frontal view, and your tip appears bulbous. I suggest a formal consultation where a surgeon can perform an examination and digital imaging. A bit of advice: select a surgeon who is experienced and truly specializes in rhinoplasty, regardless of their board certification. There are many surgeons out there who say that they specialize in rhinoplasty, even when they rarely perform the procedure. My suggestion is to do your homework, select an experienced surgeon, and this will help you achieve the results you desire. I hope this helps.

Ryan Greene, MD, PhD
Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lady with Big, Masculine Nose

+2

Facial proportions will improve by reducing the size of your nose. The nose should be narrowed, the tip refined, the hump removed, and the projection decreased. I agree with your assessment and encourage you to consult with an experienced surgeon who will provide a natural result.

Rhinoplasty to feminize the nose

+2

I agree with the other posters that your nose is out of proportion to the rest of your face.  A reduction rhinoplasty would help to improve the balance of your facial features.  The front view shows your nose to be fairly wide.  Narrowing the nose will require lowering the dorsum of the nose and then breaking the bones from the inside.  The tip of the nose will need the cartiloage modified and reduced to create a finer tip. 

Jeffrey E. Kyllo, MD

Masculine nose

+2

Your nose does appear to dominate your face and draw attention away from your eyes. I would recommend you have some reduction of your profile and projection, nasal width and tip refinement. What i can't tell from your photo is the thickness of your skin which could definitely limit the ability to refine and reduce the tip.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Refining and feminizing a large nose.

+2

Refining and feminizing a large nose is possible with your nose. The bump needs to be removed and the tip refined and stabilizing the projection of your nose, The bridge should be narrowed from the front view. Make sure you see a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon whose noses you like and do not look surgical to get the best result.

The petite and cute rhinoplasty

+2

Rhinoplasty is a procedure where very small changes really add up, and appreciation of what looks 'right' is the key to success. Your nose can be feminine, cute, and more petite, though getting a clear picture of what this means can be elusive. We enjoy computer imaging and simulation to help sort out the subtleties of rhinoplasty in order to 'try out' changes given your features to see what looks best, and what you like the best. A clear goal can reduce the uncertainty of a cute result.

peterejohnsonmd

Rhinoplasty to feminize the nose

+2
It is never the surgeon's job to make a judgment like that. The question is whether we can acheive what you want safely, and would we recommend it. I think that in this case the answer is yes.

Neal Goldberg, MD
Westchester Plastic Surgeon