Breasts Already Sagging 4 Weeks After Lift with Implants?

I think my breast look like they are sagging and i'm 4 weeks postop from a lift and salin implants. I have been wearing really tight sports bras, can this make me sag? How do they look so far? My breast look like triangles from the side, When can I wear a regular bar? before I got my surgery my nipples were pointing straight to the ground and im scared that they will again please help.

Breasts already sagging 4 weeks after lift with implants?

+1
Thank you for your question and photo!  At 4 weeks postoperative, it is likely that you still have some swelling as well as it needs additional time for your implant to settle into its pocket - this often takes 8-12 weeks on average, sometimes slightly longer.  The appearance looks reasonable at this time.  i would discuss the postoperative instructions with your surgeon including garments, implant massage/displacement, restrictions, etc.  If after an appropriate period, a revisionary procedure may be considered to either re-lift and/or revise the implant pocket.  Hope that this helps!  Best wishes! 

Breast Augmentation/Lifting Results?

+1

At your stage in recovery ( four weeks after surgery),  it is much too early to evaluate the end results of surgery. It is  possible you will find that as the breast implants “settle”,  the nipple/areola complexes will shift upwards.  Also as the breast implants settle they will fill in the loose skin of the lower poles of the breasts.  These changes may help change your impression that the breasts “look like they are sagging”.

I would suggest continued follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

Breast at 4 weeks

+1

From only the side view it is difficult to say exactly what your breasts look like, but they appear to be doing well from this view.  The implants need time to settle. As for your bra, you shoudl ask your doctor.

High riding implant early after augmentation mastopexy (breast lift) may make the nipples appear to sag

+1

Every surgeon uses different techniques which may effect the long term healing process and the degree of overcorrection/undercorrection and ultimately the amount of time to reach a stable result. Although your nipples look low giving you a sagging appearance, it is more likely that your implants are high and will settle. This will give the illusion that the nipples have raised by riding above the equator of the implant rather than below as it does in the early phases of healing.

Implants riding high or not enough of a lift

+1

As my title states, too high riding implants vs a inadequate lift. But only 4 weeks, you need to wait at least 3 months total from operation. For high riders do downward exercises. If the lift is not high enough than ONLY a re operation will help. Keep us in the loop.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Say it ain't so

+1

You are not sagging, your implants have not dropped yet. Be patient, if the implants are under the muscle, they start to drop around three to four weeks.

I don't like a bra, I like a band above the implants. However, you must check with your surgeon.

Scott E. Kasden, MD

High Implants

+1

I agree with Dr. Rand. your implants are too high in the pocket and they need to be allowed to go lower and center behind the nipple lines. Consult with your Plastic surgeon. Personally, I ask my patients not to wear support for 1-2 weeks after surgery to allow the implants to resume the position I achieved in the OR - centered on the nipple.

After breast lift with breast implants,implants need to be centered under nipples.

+1

Hi.

1) I don't think you have sagging. Unfortunately, there is a little imbalance between your implants (too high) and your nipples (too low).

2) In a few months, you may like the way you look. If not, you may need a revision breast augmentation (with or without revision breast lift). The breast implants can be lowered, the nipples can be raised, or both.

3) We sit the patient up before the end of the operation (you are still asleep, of course) to make sure the shape is great. If not, we keep working.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Sagging after breast augmentation

+1

I can't tell from your photo but I think what you are doing is pushing your implants too high with the tight sports bra.  This can make the nipples look low and can make the implants heal too high.  I'd stop that asap. 

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS