Possible to Have Breast Lift Through Armpit or Transaxillary Incision?

I have really full breast and the nipples face a little down, not much. I am a Chocolate African American. I want a breast lift through the armpit by lifting the muscles - is that possible?

Breast Lifting via Trans axillary Incision?

+1

No, it is not possible to achieve breast lifting through transaction very incisions.

Breast lifting involves some degree of tightening and lifting the breast skin envelope.  In order to tighten the skin envelope, skin excision is necessary;  this results in the presence of scars. 

Sometimes, the presence of scars is a “dealbreaker”;  patients would prefer to leave their breasts unchanged than to have scars. At other times, patients  prefer to have the improvement in breast position, shape, and (possibly) size  and are willing to accept the trade-off of scars.

Breast Lift through armpit is impossible

+1

Hi there-

Please be very careful.

It is important to realize that if you wave a bit of money in the air, you will probably be able to find someone to do anything you wish...

As an aside- there is even an eye doctor here in Orlando calling himself a liposuction expert, and an ER doctor who lost his license after he did a "breast lift" by placing a screw used for fixing tendons and bones into a woman's clavicle and pulling the nipple up using a suture tied to the screw (!).

There is no safe and effective way to do what you are suggesting.

The ONLY way to be sure you are always safe and have a high likelihood of achieving your goals is to be sure you are dealing with a surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery.

For more advice on how to find a surgeon you like and can trust, please read this:

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Axillary breast lift

+1

The ability to lift breast tissue through an under arm incision cannot be done. The final shape and re draping of breast skin requires incisions on the breasts. I doubt any Board Certified Plastic Surgeon would suggest this approach. And if they do seek another opinion.

Rodger Wade Pielet, MD (in memoriam)

Breast lift through armpit won't work

+1

The question is whether a woman with sagging breasts can get an adequate lift by operating through the armpit and lifting the muscles.  The short answer is not likely.  One can lift the breast slightly by placing implants but if the nipples are pointing down implants alone aren't likely to help.  The situation is one of inadequate breast tissue and/or too much skin.

The first thing to decide is how big you want to be.  If you want to be larger then you'll need some sort of implant.  If you are OK with your size then perhaps one of the many different surgical lifts may be sufficient.  In order to remove excess breast skin, incisions will have to be places on the breast itself.  There really is no way to lift the breast by lifting the muscle.

Barry Stuart Handler, MD

Breast lift through the armpit

+1

Performing a breast lift through the armpit is impossible. A lift requires elevation of the nipple areola complex, often tightening of the skin envelope, and molding of the breast tissue. This must be done on the breast itself.

Lifting the breast (mastopexy) through the armpit (axilla)

+1

Lifting the muscles though the armpit will not lift the nipples. Even if this could be done, all it would accomplish is to lift the breast on your chest but do nothing to change the shape. 

Breast lift techniques

+1

A breast lift is a contouring procedure for the breast. The basic principle applies in any breast lift - there is a need for some scar to achieve better form. Different lift techniques are available depending on your anatomy. There is a periareolar lift, and circumvertical lift ("lollipop" scar), and the periareolar and inverted-T scar on the breast. Depending on your anatomy and degree of sagging and whether you are opting for an implant, your surgeon will recommend the best/safest option.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Breast surgery approach will depend on your needs

+1

If the problem is truly droopiness, then the answer is no. Some patients can mistake a deflated breast with appropriate nipple position with droopiness. If the nipple is high enough and you want to increase volume, an implant may be the answer. However, if you have true ptosis or droopiness, only a skin tightening technique- a mastopexy or breast lift- will work.

David Shuter, MD
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift through armpit

+1

I'm going to answer not in medical terms but in everyday slang. Are you kidding??? A lift is to elevate the tissue via excision of skin. So yes there is a scar.

Regards from MIAMI

No breast lift from the axilla

+1

Unfortunately, the breast cannot be lifted from the axillas. A mastopexy, or breast lift, requires direct reshaping of the breast tissue and removal of excess skin through incisions on the breast. The muscle is not involved. You need to feel comfortable with the scars as a trade-off for the improvement in shape.

Bruce Genter, MD
Abington Plastic Surgeon