Breasts Implant Removal After 5 Weeks; What to Expect During Recovery.

I am 40 years old and 110lbs, 5ft. 2in., and athletic. I was a 34 A/B and had 350cc silicone implants in for 5 weeks and 2 days. I very happily had them removed with no drains. What kind of recovery am I looking at? Will my muscles go back to normal? My skin is stretched, but will they go back to normal? Are there certain exercises or creams that I can use to help the breast go back to the way they were? How much time before I can do push ups again? Any help is much appreciated.

Breast Implant Removal - Breasts Implant Removal After 5 Weeks; What to Expect During Recovery.

+2

You have just about the best possible chance of returning to your pre-implanted state.

The major considerations are (1) how long the implants were in place and (2) how large they were.  (Other issues are out of your control, such as the type of skin and degree of elasticity you have, etc).

The good news is that since they were only in place for 5 weeks, things should basically return to the way they were on their own, without you having to do anything at all.  Exercises will tighten your muscles - with or without implants - but there are no studies I know of that document how much exercise, if any, will tighten your SKIN any faster than will happen on its own.

My advice:  just give your body a chance to heal, and everything should be fine without you having to manipulate the process with any artificial products, maneuvers, etc.  You should, of course, be under the care of your own plastic surgeon throughout this entire process.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Web reference: http://www.bodysculpture.com

Recovery post-implant removal

+1

After breast implant removal, recovery is quite simple. I ask my patients to refrain from any heavy lifting or strenuous exercise for about 6-8 weeks. Your muscles should heal over time and any excess skin should bounce back, depending on the quality of your skin. The better the quality of skin elasticity the more the skin will bounce back.

On this site, I do my best to give advice without a physical examination but I want you to know that a physical examination by a board certified physician is always the best way to get the most accurate information.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastrevision.htm

Back to normal

+1

You should pretty much go back to the way you were since you only had them in there for 5 weeks which is surprising whjy you would want them out.I would avoid any strenuous exercise for a couple of weeks.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Recovery following explantation of breast implants.

+1

The implants have caused soft tissue stretch to occur in your breasts. However, many women find that their breast tissue rebounds nicely after augmentation. The sooner the implants are removed, the more likely the rebound. After 5 weeks, your breasts are likely to return to your preoperative size/shape. As for the muscle, it simply scars down to the chest wall. Restrictions on activity are surgeon dependent, but most advocate waiting at least a couple of weeks prior to exercising the pectoralis muscle. Gradually increasing your activity is recommended.

Web reference: http://www.drbogue.com

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast impant removal after 5 1/2 weeks

+1

If the implants were placed under the muscle, the cut muscle will not "self repair."  On the other hand, the soft tissue may rebound since the surgery was just 5 and 1/2 weeks ago.

What to expect after breast implant removal.

+1

The breast skin can be very forgiving after implant removal. Although significant tightening of the skin is usually seen after implant removal, the breast skin will almost always have some degree of laxity caused by the implant.  If an implant is removed after chronic inflammation from the first generation silicone implants and the thickened capsule is removed, significant distortion is usually seen.  In your situation in which the implant has not been in place very long, the breast should tighten up significantly in 6 to 8 weeks.  Although there really are not any exercises or creams that work to tighten the skin, patients should wear tight support bras that reduce swelling after surgery.  I would not suggest push-ups for at last 8 weeks. 

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon