What to Do About Breasts That Look Like Cones After Implants?

I just had a lift with 250'cc silicone implants over the muscle one week ago. I was a very droopy B cup but now my boobs look like torpedos!? should they be this pointy ? Also they look very uneven. Will I be a Full C once they settle? Im worried I may have chosen a bad surgeon,help! :(

Breasts that look like cones after implants

+2

You should wait for at least 3 months after the operation to evaluate. My guess is you will need additional correction.

Sorry From MIAMI Dr. B

Breast Augmentation and Lift

+2

I am concerned with the way things look right now, but at this point you just need to wait and see how everything pans out. I would wait for 4-6 months before considering revision surgery.

I also am not sure why you have the steri-strip tape accross your breast but i would be careful that it does not cause a blister or skin tear as it looks very tight around the tape.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Augmentation mastopexy concerns

+2

Unfortunately now is not the time to second guess your choice of surgeon. It is very early and it is quite likely that your breasts will settle with time. I would not make any drastic decisions at this time. Your best option is to give it time for the results (at least 4 months but 9 months in my opinion).  It is difficult to second guess another surgeon's choice or intra-operative decisions and I would continue to see your surgeon and follow his/her advice.

Breast lft and breast implants in New York City.

+2

Hi.

1) Based on the one picture, I am sorry to say that you may not have a satisfactory final result. I am particularly concerned about the folds under your breasts.

2) There is nothing to do now. And your breasts will definitely change over time after a breast lift with breast implants. It is possible that you will be happy in a few months. If not, you may have to consider a revision.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Early results after breast lift and implants

+2

While your result is early, I must say that I am concerned about the look you are showing. Your right shoulder might be being held a little low but the nipple areola on that side are wider and lower than the left. Also, considering that you have the full inverted "T" incisions, the tayloring doesn't look artistic and the crosswise wrinkling of the skin doesn't look good. It looks like your implant is bottoming out on the left side as the incision is up on the lower pole rather than being right in the crease. While some of this will settle with 3-4 months of healing, Where you are at this point is very unfamiliar to me compared to what I see in my own practice. Also, a 250 implant will not likely give you a "full C" result in the end though cup sizes can't be guaranteed by any surgeon. I hope this works out for you but you might want to visit with another doctor for an evaluation. There are many excellent plastic surgeons in Boston.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation results

+1
This is very common shortly after surgery. Your breasts need time to adjust to the implants and settling has to occur. In about three to four months your implants will settle with the force of gravity and tissue expansion, become more natural in appearance. A gentle rounding out of the bottom portion of your breasts will occur to mimic natural 
breast contour. This may occur sooner in one breast but gradually both will even out.  Please wait a bit longer to see this happen. 

Jerome Edelstein, MD

+1

It appears that you have had a mastopexy with implants.  The early results are usually not indicative of the final results.  It is best to let some time pass before evaluating your results.  It appears that your results will be good cosmetically.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

My Breasts Appear Like Torpedos - Will This Improve?

+1

Without a complete face to face physical exam, it is very difficult from your one picture to know exactly what is going on.  The steri strip your surgeon has placed towards the bottom of your breasts has confused many of your expert Real Self plastic surgeons.  There is no bottoming out of your implants, and in fact, your breasts will settle more and the torpedo appearance will resolve over the next couple of months. 

There does appear to be a slight asymmetry of your breasts.  I doubt seriously that you chose a "bad plastic surgeon".  Based on your preoperative breasts being a "very droopy B", your results at this stage appear to be reasonable, and if the apparent asymmetry does not resolve with time, then your surgeon may need to do a slight revision. 

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Lift and implants

+1

It is way too early to say what they will look like in three months.  Give it some time. With alot of skin laxity you may need skin removal in the lower pole if things do not settle out.