Differences Between Moderate, High, and Extra High Profile Implants?

I am considering a breast implants but want to know the difference between moderate, high and extra high profile implants?

Profile of Breast Implants

+2

Breast implants have different profiles - moderate, moderate-plus and high profile.  The profile refers to the anterior projection.  So if you put the implants on a table and looked at them from the side, the high-profile implant would look taller than the moderate profile implant.  I hope this is helpful.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Implants of All Shapes and Sizes

+2

As already mentioned, there are a variety of choices in terms of implant shapes.  It is really the job of the surgeon to "fit" you with the implant that best suits your breast measurements. 

I will see patients who look on the internet and see a beautiful result, and immediately ask for that exact implant size and style.  In reality, implant selection is a very indivdualized process.... one implant type may look great in one woman's breast buy terrible in another!

Differences between LOW profile (LP), Moderate Profile (MP) and High Profile (HP) Implants

+2

The LP, MP, MP+, and HP refer to the HEIGHT of the implant - the distance from the floor of the implant to the highest point of its roof.

The consideration as to which implant should be used in you should take into account the look you are looking for as balanced against the width and slant of your anterior rib cage, the amount of current breast tissue and the breast skin give.

The LP, MP, MP+, and HP lines of round saline breast implants come with a large selection of volumes PER each line allowing the surgeons to pick from many implants THE implants that would best meet your requirements.

Implant differences

+1

The main difference with implants in these different categories, is that as you go in to the higher profile implants the projection increases and the implant diameter narrows.

Different Profiles of implants

+1

Hi there-

These terms refer to the ratio of an implant's projection to its diameter.

Please do not make the mistake of thinking that this is something that you as a patient should be concerned with, however.

This is not a matter of patient preference, and some of the most unhappy patients I see (after surgery elsewhere) are those in whom implants were chosen inappropriately.

Your implants should be chosen based on the dimensions of your body, not the profile you think you want.

For more on this topic and to better understand, please read this: 

http://orlandoplasticsurgery.blogspot.com/2010/01/achieving-beautiful-breasts-you-desire.html#714

Web reference: http://www.DrArmandoSoto.com

Breast implants

+1

These are actually made to give the plastic surgeon/patient more variety to chose from but essentially they are the same. Go to the manufacturers website and look at the dimensions. You will find that the differences are very minimal-about one inch or so and hardly make a difference. I prefer the moderate ones. Also, note that a low profile is not available simply because no one would pick that one!

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Different profile implants for breast augmentation

+1

I am not aware of extra high profile implants but, in brief, these are different shapes for similar volume implants. To give you a silly analogy what is the difference in a person if they weigh 150lbs but are 4 feet, 5 feet, or 6 feet tall? In summary, higher profile implants have a tendency to have less rippling at the expense of looking rounder.  

How to pick the right breast implant - which breast implant profile is best

+1

In Jacksonville, breast augmentation is individualized to each and every patients. Picking your particular breast implant is a decision that you should make with the help of you board certified plastic surgeon. Your plastic surgeon can recommend an implant size range and profile that is appropriate for your body type and characteristics. Every patient should be given the opportunity to aid in the decision making process so that they receive the result they hoped for.

There are several different profiles from the two major implant manufacturers. - Mentor makes a moderate profile, moderate plus, and high profile breast augmentation implants - Allergan makes a extra low, low, medium, high, and extra high (full) profile breast augmentation implant. The profile refers to the amount of projection you will get for a given diameter or width of the implant.

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

The meaning of breast implant profiles

+1

The size of a breast implant is determined by the diameter of the base and the height or projection of the implant, and through the wonders of calculus the implant volume can be determined. A moderate profile implant will generally look most natural and balanced within the breast. Some patients do have a narrow chest and want a very full volume and so for some a high profile implant will suit their needs. The breast begins to project forward from the chest more and will tend to have an 'augmented' look. As the projection increases relative to the diameter the implant begins to adopt a rounder shape such that the extra high profile will look spherical. There can be a price to pay for the extra volume, and certainly the higher profile implants will not look like the average woman about town. Take your time and discuss your goals carefully to get the look that you want.

peterejohnsonmd

Moderate, high, and extra high profile implants

+1

It is one of height vs diameter measurements. Where the wider implants have a lower height. I use mostly HIGH PROFILE implants to give more projection.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.