Breast Reduction, Lift and Implants to Get C Cups from DD Breasts?

I am 5'0" and right now weigh 143 lbs. My body fat % is 35. I lost quite a bit of weight two years ago, then gained some back. I definitely plan on losing weight before, but I really want to get a Breast reduction, Breast lift, then get Breast implants. Small ones of course. Is this possible? And how expensive do you think this could get? I am a 38 DD, and they sag quite a bit. They are heavy, and make it hard to work out and enjoy my life. I would like to be about a C cup. But NATURAL looking.

Breast reduction and breast Implants - OT Auto Augmentation mastopexy

+2
Auto augmentation mastopexy is a surgery that repositions your own breast tissue into a more pleasing and comfortable position.  Auto-augmentation mastopexy makes the breasts only as much bigger as there is lower pole breast tissue available to move into the upper pole.  The lower pole tissue that is moved up is fixed in place with sutures to the pectoral fascia, so it is not possible for the relocated tissue to ‘drop’.  

Breast implants add volume (and weight) to the breasts while auto-augmentation really does not.  Additionally, implants augment the entire breast, while auto-augmentation augments the upper pole only.  So for many reasons auto-augmentation results tend to be less prone to recurrence of droopiness.

Other advantages of auto-augmentation mastopexy:

#1 - Zero need for implant surveillance and possible replacement

Also:

Zero risk of capsular contracture

Zero risk of implant migration / malposition

Zero risk of visible fold/ripples

Zero risk of implant infection

Auto-augmentation mastopexy is absolutely the procedure of choice for a patient who wants a breast lift, who will not have adequate upper pole fullness without an implant or auto-augmentation, and who is happy with the amount of breast issue that she is starting with.  If a patient wants a lift AND fuller breasts (i.e. increase in true cup size), then an implant is required.

It is important to understand that there is no plastic surgery procedure for which the results do not change over time.  Skin is elastic and stretchy and so is breast tissue, and that ‘stretchiness’  increases with age.  The elasticity of skin and soft tissue is genetically determined, and it therefore varies widely from patient to patient.  So it is impossible to predict for any one patient how long it will be, if ever, before they feel they need a secondary mastopexy – which in most cases is just a touch-up procedure and not nearly as extensive as the original mastopexy.  Certainly if a patient has breast stretchmarks and thin breast skin from multiple pregnancies, then that patient is more likely to need a secondary mastopexy at an earlier date than a patient with thicker skin and better skin and breast tissue tone.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Implants for a DD breast not a good idea

+2

With large (DD) breasts that are pendulous (droopy), I would recommend a small breast reduction with a vertical incision technique.  I believe this will give a satisfactory result.  If you are unhappy with the appearance of your breasts after this procedure, you can always come back and place implants in a second operation.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction, breast lift and implants

+2

It is possible to perform a breast reduction with implants. This is necessary when we not only want to remove the excess skin and tissue but want to create fullness and projection to the breast.
In all of breast surgery, this combination is the trickiest. For this reason it is essential that you work only with a board-certified plastic surgeon who has a great deal of experience in breast reduction, breast lift, and breast implant surgery area. Their expertise and depth of experience is crucial to help you achieve a good result.

Pat Pazmino, MD

Breast Reduction

+1
Considering all the different approaches to your ultimate desired result I think the most sensible thing to do is just have a breast reduction with the goal in mind of having natural appearing smaller breasts with a C cup. All breast reductions include a lift as part of the reduction surgery

Fred Suess, MD

Breast Reduction, Lift and Implants to Get C Cups from DD Breasts

+1
To achieve what you are seeking, it is best to break down the surgery into stages. The first stage may be a combination of breast reduction and breast lift (most likely a vertical incision). After 6 to 12 months post this stage, you can assess if you want/need implants.

The cost of a combined Breast Lift and Reduction like other plastic surgery varies considerably across the country and even in the same area. South Florida tends to have lower fees then more expensive areas such as New York or Los Angeles. We charge starting at $5000 + MD Anesthesia related costs for a combined breast reduction and breast lift. Since you can get quality work at lower costs, patients will travel from throughout the state, the country, and internationally to have surgery in South Florida.

To ensure that you are receiving quality work at the most cost effective prices, consult with board certified plastic surgeons that own their own nationally accredited facilities. The quality must be maintained at the highest level to maintain accreditation. The surgeons also have incentive to hire and train quality staff (to ensure that surgery is efficient and enjoyable), to ensure comfortable and private facilities (to encourage referral), and to eliminate waste (to ensure that these facilities can compete effectively).

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Great Plan!

+1
It is actually more common than you think to have a breast reduction/lift, then have a breast augmentation 6 months later.  The results with this approach are great.  It allows you do do a very nice lift/reduction operation, repositioning the nipple and reshaping the breast, then allow everything to heal.  After the breast is reshaped you can get the extra upper pole fullness you want with an implant.

Gary Lawton, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction... To Implant or Not To Implant, That Is The Question

+1
Greast question. There are obviously alot of opinions. There is no specific right or wrong procedure. There are different opinions with each procedure having different risks and results. You will have to be the judge. You should look at multiple before and after photos of the different procedures and see which results you like best, including shape, scars, etc. Then choose a qualified surgeon who you feel confident can produce the results you seek.
In my opinion, you would get a very lovely, natural C cup by a breast reduction alone. A breast reduction encompasses both a reduction in breast tissue and skin, along with a breast lift. Rather than discard some of the breast tissue, in can be used for your own natural augmentation. With this "auto-augmentation", breast tissue that would normally be discarded, is rotated high up onto your chest above the nipple, producing fullness from your own tissues. This will avoid the additional expense and the need to deal with potential breast implant complications as well as avoiding the need to replace in the future. There is also additional risks to the blood circulation of breast tissues when performing breast reduction surgery and breast implants at the same time. 

Sam Gershenbaum, DO

Breast reduction and implants

+1
A breast reduction with implants is useful in women who have very saggy tissue, especially in women with excessive weight loss.  However, most women do well with just a breast reduction, and do not need implants. Having implants may lead to future surgery. Breast implants can always be added later should you desire more fullness.  Many times it is safer to your breast tissue to just do the breast reduction, and save the augmentation with implants for a second surgery.  What little I do see of your photos, you appear to have fairly good skin. I would suggest meeting with a plastic surgeon, and discuss your options.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction & Lift

+1
There is always a lot of confusion out there about the difference between a reduction and a lift and what each can achieve.The bottom line is that they are really the same procedure and achieve the same end of a lifted perkier breast.The only difference is whether or not tissue is removed.The external incisions end up looking exactly the same. With a reduction, a significant amount of breast tissue and a lot of skin are removed to create a smaller perkier breast.With a lift, a lot of skin is removed but all of the tissue is left in place, it is just “lifted.”Be prepared for a little change in volume when a lift is done as we are compacting the existing breast tissue into a smaller envelope.Most people appreciate a slight decrease in cup size (one-fourth to one-half cup size) but the tissue that is there is more dense.The only way to preserve all volume with a lift is to add a small implant at the same time.The difference between each of these surgeries is only the final size you want to end up with. They will all result in a lifted breast.

Marie E. Montag, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction Then Implants

+1
Breast reduction means different things to different people.  With modern techniques, however, a lift and a reduction can be very similar on the outside but very different on the inside.  In a modern or vertical breast reduction. A segment of breast tissue between your nipple and the bottom of your breast is removed. With a lift, however, this tissue can be pulled up and repositioned behind the areola, giving some of the appearance of an implant without the added costs and challenges presented by an implant. My suspicion from looking at your photos is that this would do a great job of what you want and be easier and less expensive.  Additionally, should your goals be a dramatically fuller breast at the top, an implant can be added in the future or at the time of the first surgery. If done at the first surgery, that tissue from the bottom would be discarded in exchange for the added volume of the implant to ensure that your breast size still matches your chest.
Dr. Pyle

Jeremy Pyle, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon