Breast Reduction, Lift and Implants to Get C Cups from DD Breasts?

I am 5'0" and right now weigh 143 lbs. My body fat % is 35. I lost quite a bit of weight two years ago, then gained some back. I definitely plan on losing weight before, but I really want to get a Breast reduction, Breast lift, then get Breast implants. Small ones of course. Is this possible? And how expensive do you think this could get? I am a 38 DD, and they sag quite a bit. They are heavy, and make it hard to work out and enjoy my life. I would like to be about a C cup. But NATURAL looking.

Implants for a DD breast not a good idea

+2

With large (DD) breasts that are pendulous (droopy), I would recommend a small breast reduction with a vertical incision technique.  I believe this will give a satisfactory result.  If you are unhappy with the appearance of your breasts after this procedure, you can always come back and place implants in a second operation.

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction, breast lift and implants

+2

It is possible to perform a breast reduction with implants. This is necessary when we not only want to remove the excess skin and tissue but want to create fullness and projection to the breast.
In all of breast surgery, this combination is the trickiest. For this reason it is essential that you work only with a board-certified plastic surgeon who has a great deal of experience in breast reduction, breast lift, and breast implant surgery area. Their expertise and depth of experience is crucial to help you achieve a good result.

Breast reduction and breast Implants - OT Auto Augmentation mastopexy

+1
Auto augmentation mastopexy is a surgery that repositions your own breast tissue into a more pleasing and comfortable position.  Auto-augmentation mastopexy makes the breasts only as much bigger as there is lower pole breast tissue available to move into the upper pole.  The lower pole tissue that is moved up is fixed in place with sutures to the pectoral fascia, so it is not possible for the relocated tissue to ‘drop’.  

Breast implants add volume (and weight) to the breasts while auto-augmentation really does not.  Additionally, implants augment the entire breast, while auto-augmentation augments the upper pole only.  So for many reasons auto-augmentation results tend to be less prone to recurrence of droopiness.

Other advantages of auto-augmentation mastopexy:

#1 - Zero need for implant surveillance and possible replacement

Also:

Zero risk of capsular contracture

Zero risk of implant migration / malposition

Zero risk of visible fold/ripples

Zero risk of implant infection

Auto-augmentation mastopexy is absolutely the procedure of choice for a patient who wants a breast lift, who will not have adequate upper pole fullness without an implant or auto-augmentation, and who is happy with the amount of breast issue that she is starting with.  If a patient wants a lift AND fuller breasts (i.e. increase in true cup size), then an implant is required.

It is important to understand that there is no plastic surgery procedure for which the results do not change over time.  Skin is elastic and stretchy and so is breast tissue, and that ‘stretchiness’  increases with age.  The elasticity of skin and soft tissue is genetically determined, and it therefore varies widely from patient to patient.  So it is impossible to predict for any one patient how long it will be, if ever, before they feel they need a secondary mastopexy – which in most cases is just a touch-up procedure and not nearly as extensive as the original mastopexy.  Certainly if a patient has breast stretchmarks and thin breast skin from multiple pregnancies, then that patient is more likely to need a secondary mastopexy at an earlier date than a patient with thicker skin and better skin and breast tissue tone.

Web reference: http://www.michaellawmd.com/gallery/breastlift1.html

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction & Lift

+1
There is always a lot of confusion out there about the difference between a reduction and a lift and what each can achieve.The bottom line is that they are really the same procedure and achieve the same end of a lifted perkier breast.The only difference is whether or not tissue is removed.The external incisions end up looking exactly the same. With a reduction, a significant amount of breast tissue and a lot of skin are removed to create a smaller perkier breast.With a lift, a lot of skin is removed but all of the tissue is left in place, it is just “lifted.”Be prepared for a little change in volume when a lift is done as we are compacting the existing breast tissue into a smaller envelope.Most people appreciate a slight decrease in cup size (one-fourth to one-half cup size) but the tissue that is there is more dense.The only way to preserve all volume with a lift is to add a small implant at the same time.The difference between each of these surgeries is only the final size you want to end up with. They will all result in a lifted breast.
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction Then Implants

+1
Breast reduction means different things to different people.  With modern techniques, however, a lift and a reduction can be very similar on the outside but very different on the inside.  In a modern or vertical breast reduction. A segment of breast tissue between your nipple and the bottom of your breast is removed. With a lift, however, this tissue can be pulled up and repositioned behind the areola, giving some of the appearance of an implant without the added costs and challenges presented by an implant. My suspicion from looking at your photos is that this would do a great job of what you want and be easier and less expensive.  Additionally, should your goals be a dramatically fuller breast at the top, an implant can be added in the future or at the time of the first surgery. If done at the first surgery, that tissue from the bottom would be discarded in exchange for the added volume of the implant to ensure that your breast size still matches your chest.
Dr. Pyle
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

You may find that reduction + lift gives you the look you want without implants.

+1
You may be able to solve two problems at once with the right procedure combination. Since you mentioned wanting a breast reduction, a lift, and then implants to get high, full breasts, but you are concerned about the total cost, one thing you should definitely be aware of is that many insurance companies will cover the costs of a breast reduction. If you choose a skilled and experienced board certified plastic surgeon, he or she should be able to perform a reduction in combination with a lift in order to reshape your natural tissue into the profile you want without needing implants at all.

Reduction Plus Lift for C Cups

+1

Experiencing significant drooping with larger breasts is very common. Reduction alone often isn’t enough to get the high, perky breasts that are the goal of most women who want breast reduction surgery, which is why we so often include a breast lift at the same time. If you have natural DD cups, I don’t think there’s any reason you would need additional implants after the reduction to end up with a final C cup. The breast lift reshapes and firms the breast tissue to meet your appearance goals. Bring in some photos of the look you want to achieve to share with your surgeon, and he or she should be able to get you there. As for expense, many health insurance companies will cover the cost of a reduction, so be sure to check with your provider and see if this is an option.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Short scar breast reduction in Los Angeles

+1

You may be a candidate for a short scar breast reduction which minimizes scars and improves contour of the breasts. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Web reference: http://www.surgery90210.com/breasts/6/breast-reduction.aspx

Breast Reduction With or Without Breast Implants

+1

When women with breast hypertrophy undergo breast reduction surgery they typically have multiple goals. These women are not only interested in reduction of their symptoms, but are also concerned about breast aesthetics.
In the vast majority of patients who undergo breast reduction the aesthetic results are excellent. The procedure reduces breast size, reduces areola size and lifts the breast into normal position.  In most patients, this results in alleviation of symptoms and improved breast aesthetics.
Most patients are happy with their upper breast fullness following breast reduction surgery, but over the course of time some patients note loss of fullness in this area. Under these circumstances placement of a breast implant may be necessary to correct this problem.
  Based on your history, I would recommend a breast reduction without breast implants. In most cases this would give an excellent aesthetic result with upper breast fullness. If inadequate upper breast fullness becomes a problem, a secondary breast augmentation can be performed at a later date.

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Short-Scar Breast Reduction Will Provide Nice Lift And Smaller Breasts.

+1

My advice depends further on an in-person consultation, but judging from your description and photo, it looks like having this combination of procedures is not necessary.  You would probably do well with just a breast reduction operation, which will lift the breasts at the same time.  Implants shouldn't be necessary to get the results you are looking for. 

A great breast reduction technique for a woman with breasts of your size that will provide nice lift is the short-scar technique.  This will also reduce scarring and usually provides patients with a shorter recovery time.  In terms of cost, it varies depending on what you and your surgeon decide to do for your surgery, but we do have good success in getting insurance companies to cover breast reduction procedures, at least partially.  I hope this helps and please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions!