How Will DDD or E Cup Look Like After Breast Reduction to C Cup?

I am DDD or E cup and I'm considering a breast reduction to C cup size. I'm just wondering, how would I look like after the surgery?

Breast appearance after reduction mammoplasty

+3

The appearance of the breast after reduction mammooplasty depends on the skill of the surgeon and the size of the patient.  The closer a patient is to their ideal weight the better and more natural the end result.  Quite often I will be asked to make a C cup for a woman who is over 190 pounds and under 5'5".  For this large a woman it is impossible to give a beautiful breast.  The chest is to wide and there is to much body fat.  This same woman at 130 to 150 could achieve a very desirable breast eventhough her ideal weight is 115 pounds.

What Does a Reduced Breast Look Like?

+2
What your breast will look like after surgery depends a little upon what it looks like beforehand and a lot by what operation is done and who does the operation.  A lift is included in a breast reduction and, when done with a vertical or similar technique, rather than with an anchor scar, the shape can be vastly improved. The breast with this technique tends to be fuller and more projecting without a bra.
Dr. Pyle

Jeremy Pyle, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

High satisfaction, less complaints from breast reduction

+2

There is a reason you are considering a breast reduction. Large heavy breasts could cause marked discomfort and difficulty in clothing, etc.

Following surgery, you will be happier as your breast volume will fit the rest of your body. The transition from a DDD to a C is very significant and a D size breast might be more realistic. It would be very helpful to get review pictures from previous reduction procedures performed.

Hope that helps!

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Size after surgery

+1
For most women, reducing them from DDD down to a C looks great.  However, some women, especially those who are tall and large, a D cup would look more proportional for their body. The reasonable expected size can be discussed during your consultation with a plastic surgeon.  I do recommend staying body proportioned. Also, we do need to keep enough tissue to maintain blood flow to the nipple, so sometimes we must choose a D over a C.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

You’ll have higher, firmer C Cups if you include a lift at the same time.

+1

Ending up with a full C cup is a very common goal for women considering breast reduction. If you want a high, firm C cup as well, definitely ask your plastic surgeon about performing a breast lift at the same time as reduction. Many surgeons will perform this as a matter of aesthetics but some others won’t, so it’s good to ask. A breast lift will reshape and lift the breast so you have youthful, perky C cups after surgery. For the best results, be sure to do your homework and find a board certified plastic surgeon who has plenty of experience combining breast reduction with a breast lift.

Frank Campanile, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

What do breasts look like after breast reduction surgery

+1

Thanks for your question. Over the years, plastic surgeons have worked out some rough guidelines on what an ideal breast should be shaped like. Having the nipple at or slightly above the level of the infra-mammary fold (the IMF) is ideal, as is having the nipple on the most projecting part of the breast mound. Other issues such as symmetry and size of the breasts are equally important.

Breast reduction surgery aims to give you a breast which is not only smaller in size but also, hopefully, ideal is shape. This usually involves scars around the nipple (which are very hard to see) and a vertical scar below the nipple on the front of the breast (which fades remarkably well). Finally, your surgeon may or may not add a scar in the fold underneath the breast.

The best way to get an idea about how it will all look is to check out the before and after galleries of some plastic surgeons.

Damian Marucci, MBBS, FRACS
Australia Plastic Surgeon

Appearance after breast reduction

+1

With a satisfaction rate above 90%, breast reduction procedures leave the women not only looking better, but feeling better also.  Do not hesitate this is a wonderful procedure for the right candidate.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

How Does Breast Reduction Influence Breast Size?

+1

Most colleague plastic surgeons will waffle on this seemingly simple question, myself included. I specifically state that the purpose of breast reduction is reduction in symptoms, such as chronic back neck and shoulder pain & rashes underneath the breasts, not a specific bra size.

The amount of breast tissue and excess skin taken away and their influence on bra size vary according to the tissue itself as well as the overall shape and dimension of the chest wall underneath the breasts.

As many patients will attest, the operation is generally quite successful in improving symptoms when they (the breasts) are the culprits involved in excess loading of the back neck and shoulders.

I usually reassure patients that purchasing bras "off the rack" will be easier after the operation even if they remain relatively full breasted.

Good luck in your pursuit of improved comfort and mobility!

Dan Downey MD FACS

Downey Plastic Surgery

Seattle, WA

Dan Downey, MD

Post op size has many variables

+1

A breast reduction has many post op variables.Firstly remember that it can be difficult to guess sizes as bras change by the manufacurers,There will be changes due to hormones,menses,weight changes and time..We use 3 d imaging with a vectra so our patients can see what size they will be,where on your ribs the breast will be and scarring.That is invaluable and more accurate than guessing what type of bra. Also, the results depend upon the patient.Good Luck!

Cap Lesesne, MD

Breast Size after breast reduction

+1

There is no " ideal” breast size. It is very important to communicate YOUR size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.