How Will DDD or E Cup Look Like After Breast Reduction to C Cup?

I am DDD or E cup and I'm considering a breast reduction to C cup size. I'm just wondering, how would I look like after the surgery?

Breast appearance after reduction mammoplasty

The appearance of the breast after reduction mammooplasty depends on the skill of the surgeon and the size of the patient.  The closer a patient is to their ideal weight the better and more natural the end result.  Quite often I will be asked to make a C cup for a woman who is over 190 pounds and under 5'5".  For this large a woman it is impossible to give a beautiful breast.  The chest is to wide and there is to much body fat.  This same woman at 130 to 150 could achieve a very desirable breast eventhough her ideal weight is 115 pounds.

What Does a Reduced Breast Look Like?

What your breast will look like after surgery depends a little upon what it looks like beforehand and a lot by what operation is done and who does the operation.  A lift is included in a breast reduction and, when done with a vertical or similar technique, rather than with an anchor scar, the shape can be vastly improved. The breast with this technique tends to be fuller and more projecting without a bra.
Dr. Pyle

Jeremy Pyle, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

C is the most common size I build.

You will look GRAEAT!   Most of my patients want to be a C cup.   Clothes fit better, you will feel better, you will look better and you will be able to do things thay you pass up on now.............  It is the BEST!  

Grant Stevens, MD

High satisfaction, less complaints from breast reduction

There is a reason you are considering a breast reduction. Large heavy breasts could cause marked discomfort and difficulty in clothing, etc.

Following surgery, you will be happier as your breast volume will fit the rest of your body. The transition from a DDD to a C is very significant and a D size breast might be more realistic. It would be very helpful to get review pictures from previous reduction procedures performed.

Hope that helps!

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

DDD to a C

That is difficult to say without seeing pictures of your chest as it appears right now.  A consultation with a plastic surgeon in your area is the best way to get an idea of how they would look.  When I do a reduction, I take into account how wide the breast is to begin with.  If it is rather wide, reducing the breast to a C cup may not give the patient the very best look and a D cup might look more feminine.  If too much is removed on a wide breast, the patient can get a "man boob" look.

Allen M. Doezie, MD

C-Cup Is a Great Size For Most Women

Having struggled with such large breasts, you may well wonder why you waited so long to have a breast reduction!
The C-cup size is most popular because the sense of proportionality, full feminine figure, but still fitting clothing well (without tugging on the buttons).
Explore sizing options with your plastic surgeon to find what size will fit you best.

Paul C. Zwiebel, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Predicting outcomes in breast reduction

Hello. Thanks for your question. 

The outcome of breast reduction has so many factors it is difficult to predict your exact result. There are significant variations when you consider your own traits: weight, current breast size, skin quality, other health issues. Based on the above, your surgeon should be able to recommend best options for surgical techniques to accomplish your breast reduction surgery. There is wide variation in surgical technique and incision patterns. Regardless, all of these things should be discussed with your plastic surgeon and they will be able to educate you about the risks, benefits and expectations that come along with breast reduction surgery.

Rachel Streu, MD
Ann Arbor Plastic Surgeon

The best way to address this question is to talk to your Plastic Surgeon. He/She should be able to give you a good idea of the expected result and may even have photographs of similar patients to show you. However, remember that surgery is an in-exact art and science. No two patients are exactly alike and results vary. 
I hope this helps you.

Bram Kaufman, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction result

If you had a breast reduction your breasts in all likely hood would look higher (if they say now), more contoured, more projection, and obviously smaller. You would also be more physically comfortable.

Fred Suess, MD

Breast Reduction Result

Without photos and an in person examination, we can not guide you properly. Consult in person with 3 board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS