How Will DDD or E Cup Look Like After Breast Reduction to C Cup?

I am DDD or E cup and I'm considering a breast reduction to C cup size. I'm just wondering, how would I look like after the surgery?

Breast appearance after reduction mammoplasty

+3

The appearance of the breast after reduction mammooplasty depends on the skill of the surgeon and the size of the patient.  The closer a patient is to their ideal weight the better and more natural the end result.  Quite often I will be asked to make a C cup for a woman who is over 190 pounds and under 5'5".  For this large a woman it is impossible to give a beautiful breast.  The chest is to wide and there is to much body fat.  This same woman at 130 to 150 could achieve a very desirable breast eventhough her ideal weight is 115 pounds.

What Does a Reduced Breast Look Like?

+2
What your breast will look like after surgery depends a little upon what it looks like beforehand and a lot by what operation is done and who does the operation.  A lift is included in a breast reduction and, when done with a vertical or similar technique, rather than with an anchor scar, the shape can be vastly improved. The breast with this technique tends to be fuller and more projecting without a bra.
Dr. Pyle

Jeremy Pyle, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

High satisfaction, less complaints from breast reduction

+2

There is a reason you are considering a breast reduction. Large heavy breasts could cause marked discomfort and difficulty in clothing, etc.

Following surgery, you will be happier as your breast volume will fit the rest of your body. The transition from a DDD to a C is very significant and a D size breast might be more realistic. It would be very helpful to get review pictures from previous reduction procedures performed.

Hope that helps!

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Breast Reduction Result

+1
Without photos and an in person examination, we can not guide you properly. Consult in person with 3 board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Is a reduction from E to C possible?

+1
It may not be possible to go all the way down to a C cup if you are a DDD or an E cup now.   There are limitations based on the amount of tissue that must be preserved to maintain circulation and sensation to the nipple, and allow for healing of the skin.  It is best under these circumstances to tell your board certified plastic surgeon that you would like to get as close to a C cup as possible, and let them reshape your breast at the time of surgery to the size that is most appropriate based on your anatomy.  Then you will get the best breast shape that can be achieved, and maximize the chances of a risk free recovery!

Gary Lawton, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction appearance results

+1
Results after a Breast Reduction are multifactorial. The surgeons experience definitely plays a role. Also what the breast look like before -size , skin quality, and breast tissue structure. The patients overall physical shape can contribute to the outcome too. For the most part your reduced breast will have a much better appearance than the initial breast as the procedure allows the surgeon to tighten up skin, lift the breast,  reduce the areolar and make the  breast more similar in size and shape. Ask your surgeon if they have a similar patient that you can view pre and post operative photos to see potential results.

David Liland, MD

Size after surgery

+1
For most women, reducing them from DDD down to a C looks great.  However, some women, especially those who are tall and large, a D cup would look more proportional for their body. The reasonable expected size can be discussed during your consultation with a plastic surgeon.  I do recommend staying body proportioned. Also, we do need to keep enough tissue to maintain blood flow to the nipple, so sometimes we must choose a D over a C.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

You’ll have higher, firmer C Cups if you include a lift at the same time.

+1

Ending up with a full C cup is a very common goal for women considering breast reduction. If you want a high, firm C cup as well, definitely ask your plastic surgeon about performing a breast lift at the same time as reduction. Many surgeons will perform this as a matter of aesthetics but some others won’t, so it’s good to ask. A breast lift will reshape and lift the breast so you have youthful, perky C cups after surgery. For the best results, be sure to do your homework and find a board certified plastic surgeon who has plenty of experience combining breast reduction with a breast lift.

Frank Campanile, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

What do breasts look like after breast reduction surgery

+1

Thanks for your question. Over the years, plastic surgeons have worked out some rough guidelines on what an ideal breast should be shaped like. Having the nipple at or slightly above the level of the infra-mammary fold (the IMF) is ideal, as is having the nipple on the most projecting part of the breast mound. Other issues such as symmetry and size of the breasts are equally important.

Breast reduction surgery aims to give you a breast which is not only smaller in size but also, hopefully, ideal is shape. This usually involves scars around the nipple (which are very hard to see) and a vertical scar below the nipple on the front of the breast (which fades remarkably well). Finally, your surgeon may or may not add a scar in the fold underneath the breast.

The best way to get an idea about how it will all look is to check out the before and after galleries of some plastic surgeons.

Damian Marucci, MBBS, FRACS
Australia Plastic Surgeon

Appearance after breast reduction

+1

With a satisfaction rate above 90%, breast reduction procedures leave the women not only looking better, but feeling better also.  Do not hesitate this is a wonderful procedure for the right candidate.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon