Breast Fibroadenomas and Breast Reduction

Is it safe to do breast reduction surgery if I have breast fibroadenomas? Tthank you.

Breast Reduction and Fibroadenomas?

+1

The presence of fibroadenomas  to not contraindicate or necessarily complicate breast reduction surgery.

Breast Reduction and Fibroadenomas

+1

Breast reduction surgery is extremely safe and life changing for many patients.     Most patients will report immediate relief from the chronic neck, shoulder and back pain caused by large, poorly supported breasts.   Patients are able to engage more easily in all forms of sports activity thus improving their sense of well being and their overall health.    Fibroadenomas are not a contraindication and in fact your surgeon may be able to remove them at the time of surgery.

Carlin Vickery, MD

Fibroadenomas and breast reduction

+1

Fibroadenomas are fairly common and a patient with them can certainly have a breast reduction if they want.

Breast reduction extremely safe.

+1

Hi.

Fibroadenomas are benign breast tumors that can be removed at the time of breast reduction. Cutting them out will not increase the risk of having breast reduction.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast fibroadenomas and breast reduction

+1

It is more common than not to have fibroadenomae in breasts. I always obtain a pre operative mammogram and if there is still a concern a breast general surgeon's in person opinion. Hope that helps!

Fibroadenomas and breast reduction

+1

It is not uncommon to find fibroadenomas on preop mammograms for all the breast surgeries I perform.  If feasible, I will try to remove them at the time of a reduction and even have had some needle localized preop to be sure I get them out. 

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Breast fibroadenomas and Breast Reduction

+1

Breast fibroadenomas are extremely common and most young women have them. We routinely perform Breast Reduction surgery on women who have fibroadenomas. All the breast tissue removed is sent to Pathology which further examines it, looking for occult malignancies. As a personal preference, I usually get a baseline mammogram on all my breast reduction patients to serve as a guide in the future of what the breasts used to look like.

Dr. P. Aldea