Is Breast Reduction by Liposuction Possible for H Cup Breasts?

I am large breasted so I have trouble finding anything to fit. However, I am not a large woman. Currently, I am about G to H cup size and only 36" to 38".

I have been thinking about Breast Reduction for some time since before I could drive! My mother was the type (for what ever reason) who believes that a bra should only be worn to school!

So quickly in my youth, my breast developed a sag! Can that be corrected and would I be a candidate for Liposuction reduction? Can my breast be evened out?

Sincerely,
Sara

Breast reduction with liposuction

+2

Certainly your breasts can be evened out.

Although your breasts can be reduced with liposuction, it will not manage the amoung of breast sag (ptosis) that you demonstrate in this photograph. Nearly every traditional form of breast reduction involves some degree of a breast lift.

Liposuction Breast Reduction

+1

It’s possible to perform breast reduction utilizing liposuction when patients have minimal breast enlargement and minimal breast sag. Unfortunately, this procedure isn’t effective when patients need larger amounts of tissue removed or have significant breast sag. Under these circumstances, the excess skin isn’t addressed and this makes the existing breast sag even worse.

The majority of patients with large breasts require a traditional breast reduction. Your pictures and history indicate that you would be an excellent candidate for this type of procedure. This procedure can remove significant amounts of breast tissue and simultaneously address your breast sag. It can create breasts that have balance, proportion and harmony with the surrounding structures.

Liposuction has significant limitations and for most patients would be inappropriate. If your considering breast reduction, the best advice would be to consult a plastic surgeon with experience who is board certified in plastic surgery.

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction Breast reduction

+1
Liposuction is usually not the best option for breast reduction surgery.  If you have a large percentage fat and excellent skin elasticity, you may be a candidate.  Discuss your options with the best surgeon you can find. Good luck.

David Stoker, MD

Liposuction for Larger Breasts

+1

Your description of your breasts indicates that not only are they very large, but also very pendulous.  

Liposuction alone is best utilized in only moderately sized breasts that are comprised largely of fat and have excellent skin elasticity.   In general, the younger the patient the more the breast is comprised of dense glandular tissue which is not removed with a liposuction cannula.  

In addition, if the skin has lost its elasticity it will not contract well into a desirable shape following removal of breast volume.    The greater the sagging of your breast the more likely you will need a breast reduction which will remove volume, narrow and lift your breast through a combination of both gland removal and skin removal.

Carlin Vickery, MD

Breast reduction by liposuction

+1

Hi Sara!

Thanks for your question and photos. I can completely understand your desire for a breast reduction and I think the surgery will make a positive difference for you.

It is possible to do breast reduction surgery by liposuction. However I don't think you would have good results with breast reduction by liposuction as if you had a significant reduction (to go to a C or D cup) the procedure would deflate your breasts but still leave them with a significant sag.

I would recommend a surgical breast reduction (which would include a breast lift) in your case, and in the meantime a supportive bra that you wear whenever you wish.

Good luck!

Jill Tomlinson, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction with Liposuction?

+1
Thank you for the question and pictures.
I think you are an excellent  for a traditional breast reduction operation. Although liposuction can be used as a tool,  direct excision of excess breast tissue, adipose tissue, and skin will give you the best results.
In person consultation with a well experienced board certified plastic surgeon will be helpful.

Breast reduction by liposuction

+1

You certainly look like someone who could benefit from a breast reduction. If your breasts are mainly soft and fatty in nature, liposuction can certainly decrease the volume. However, it will not lift the breast or tighten the skin envelope as a formal breast reduction would achieve.

Breast reduction for a better quality of life

+1

Sarajj74,

I think this is one time I would advise against your mother's counsel.

To be blunt, forget about liposuction for your breast reduction. You need a procedure that will not only reduce the weight of the breasts, but remove the stretched skin, elevate the nipples, improve the shape, and make the breasts more symmetrical.

You will need a full reduction to achieve this. Depending on your physical examination, your health history, and other considerations, you may also require a free nipple graft.

My opinion is that you deserve to have this operation to improve your quality of life.

Best of luck.

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Liposuction breast reduction

+1

You are a very poor candidate for liposuction breast reduction because of your size and your drooping. You will have a much, much better result with traditional breast reduction and will look better than with liposuctioning. You will also have a much better look if you have a breast reduction. You are a very good candidate.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction by Liposuction

+1

I feel that liposuction alone can be used only for a very small breast reduction where there is no significant sagging. You would not be al all happy with a reduction using only liposuction. You have a great deal of breast tissue which needs to be removed and also need a lot of skin removal in order to elevate your nipples and achieve better symmetry.

John Whitt, MD