Is Breast Lift Necessary for Deflated C Cups?

I am 34 year old and briefly breastfed my two sons (ages: 7y/o & 5 mo.) I have consulted with three different PS about Breast augmentation to regain fullness in my breasts.

First one said I needed a full Breast Lift, second said just Breast implants needed, and third said a Benelli lift. I used to be a 34D before pregnancy and stayed a 36C after. Now, I'm a deflated 36C.

While breastfeeding I was a nice full 36C not much growth just plump. I am hoping to have a 36D, would that be too big? With lift or not? Thank you.

Small breast implants and Benelli breast lift great combination.

+4

Hi.

What  we would do for you in Manhattan is a Benelli breast lift with circular scar around the nipples along with maybe 200 cc breast implants.  A lot of happy patients with this approach.  For breast augmentation alone, you would need excessively large implants to minimize sagging.

No good answer for your deflated C cup breasts

+3

As you see from all surgeon and your consultation, there are many different options. This means that there is no good option for you. Your breast falls in the gray zone of Breast lift, Breast Augmentation, or combination.

The main things are your goals and your expectations. Your breasts still have some volume from pregnancy (5 months post pregnancy) and I would wait till you get back to pre-pregnancy weight. If your breasts do not change much, I would not do any surgery. Breast Lift has own risks and scar.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

To lift or not lift,

+2

Breast lifts are generally needed when the nipples are at or below your breast crease and it is tough to say from the picture you posted. Putting a small implant on top of the muscle may give you a temporary fix but may increase the likelihood of needing a lift down the line.

A modified form of breast augmentation with a more aggressive release of the pectoralis muscle might work but without seeing you in person it is difficult to say. In some cases it is more predictable and precise to do the surgery in two stages, first the implant than secondarily the lift.

Marcel Daniels, MD
Long Beach Plastic Surgeon

The indications for a breast lift

+2

Hi Luna,

Based on your photos, I would say a lift is recommended for both breasts. Remember, once an implant is placed, the nipple has to be at the center of the implant, otherwise the result will look unnatural. I need to examine you to determine which type of lift would be the best option for you.

Michael A. Jazayeri, MD
Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon

Looks like Breast Lift with the Augmentation will help you

+2

It looks to me like you would benefit from a breast lift in addition to the augmentation. I personally hate the Benelli (donut) mastopexy/lift, because I have too many times seen the areola stretched, and no lift.

In any event, there are some variables that may change my opinion, but I don't have benefit of exam. You might want to consider getting implants, see how they look, and if needed, get a lift in a year.

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Breast lift for deflated c cups

+2

You are that patient who is on the border of all the choices given to you. Hard to tell which would satisfy you over the internet. My guess is to first try a Benelli lift with a small implant high profile. You can always convert to a L- shaped lift, or repeat the Benelli, or go to a full lift as a secondary operation. This is just my personal input. Regards.

Vertical Scar Breast Lift is the answer

+2

A breast lift is NOT the answer. Placing a breast implant in a sagging breast INSTEAD of doing a Breast lift is the Plastic surgery equivalent of kicking the can down the road / not facing up to the truth / running around your backhand in tennis etc. You will result in larger more sagging breasts in little time.

A Benelli lift works on minimally saggy B cup Europeans. It works poorly on C or D cup American women. It will flatten the breasts AND result in "Sun-burst " Scars around the nipple complex. Do NOT do it.

IF you want to go larger - have and AUGMENTATION -MASTOPEXY. If you are happy with your breast size and just want them lifted, have a Hall-Findlay vertical scar Breast Lift. The breasts will remain sexy and perky for years.

Dr. P. Aldea

Breast lift or implants?

+1
You are a candidate for breast implants, with or without a lift, depending on the size and shape of implants you use.  I believe you will progress to a lift in future years if you choose not to do it at this time.

David Stoker, MD

Determining If Breast Lift Is Necessary

+1

It’s not unusual for patients to lose breast volume and develop breast sag following pregnancy. It’s apparent from your history that you have lost significant breast volume following breast feeding and would like to have your breast volume restored to its pre-pregnancy level.

When patients lose breast volume, they often develop associated breast sag. In this situation, the amount of breast sag varies from patient to patient. Selecting a therapeutic option for breast sag under these circumstances can be very difficult.

In some mild cases, a biplaner breast augmentation may be adequate to correct this problem. In other cases, the sag may be more severe and a more aggressive lift may be necessary.

Picking the right option can be difficult for any particular patient. In your case, three surgeons have made three different recommendations. Without a physical examination it’s hard to say. Your pictures aren’t particularly helpful. Consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who is recognized as an expert in complex breast surgery is appropriate and will help minimize your confusion. 

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a breast lift?

+1

Thank you for your question and for your photograph.  Unfortunately, the photograph is a little bit limited but I will share some thinking with you nonetheless.  I agree with one of the other doctors listed below that you are in the grey zone with respect to needing a lift.  From the photograph you appear to have a generous amount of natural breast tissue.  Natural breast tissue will always respond to gravity with or without an implant, even with a breast lift.  But I actually think that a little bit of droop gives a more natural look.  In a patient such as yourself in the grey zone for a lift I will usually ask that patient to allow me the option of a lift if I feel it is necessary.  I place the implants first focusing on the symmetry of the upper pole of the breast.  Filling out the upper pole will certainly give some degree of elevation.  If the patient has given me the option I will then proceed with either a full lift, crescent, vertical, or a Periareolar lift if I feel that the implant has not given enough elevation.  If you are uncomfortable with your plastic surgeon having the option of making the decision for you  can place the implants, allow them to drop and settle and decide upon a lift together in the future.  Both are reasonable options.  Again, because of the volume of your natural breast tissue you will still have some degree of droop but I actually think it will make you look more natural.  Best wishes.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon