Anyone Heard of Passot or LaLonde Breast Lift Technique?

I had a consultation in which the surgeon said I was a candidate for this breast lift technique with breast augmentation. There will only be scar around the areola and a horizontal scar via inframammary incision--the Passot or Lalonde Technique. He said the shape will be as good as if I had a T-scar minus the vertical scar. Never heard of this technique. But, I dread the vertical scar. I am a saggy 36DD and will be transformed to a firm full 36DDD, my original size before having children. Any other doctors have heard of this technique? What are the pros and cons?

Passot (McCraw-LaLonde) Breast Lift technique

+1

Yes. John McCraw (Jackson, MS) and Lalonde (Canada) are VERY well respected members of the Plastic surgery community. For the past few years, both have strongly advocated the use of a method of breast reduction/Lift done through a circular incision around the nipple complex AND along the breast fold.

Rather than dreading the vertical scar - you need to ask yourself what could EACH SCAR do and not do for you.

Breast Lifts and Breast Reduction can be divided into 2 groups based on HOW the breast is shaped:
1. By shaping and tailoring the Breast SKIN
2. By shaping and tailoring the Breast GLAND under the skin.

SKIN SHAPING PROCEDURES
1. The CLASSIC Anchor / Wise pattern / inverted T scar shapes the breast SKIN ; In Breast lift NO breast tissue is removed while in Breast Reduction in addition to skin, removed through this scar pattern, breast tissue is removed to reduce the size of the breast

2. PASSOT/ McCraw-Lalonde - takes a crescent of skin along the bottom of the breast for lifting and breast tissue as needed inside for reductions. But it is a SKIN SHAPING PROCEDURE. In MY opinion suited best to VERY large reduction when the surgeon and patient do not want to tackle a Hall_Findlay procedure (see below)

BREAST SHAPING PROCEDURES (aka Vertical short scar procedures)
1- LeJour Lift / Reduction
2 - Hall-Findlay Lift - Reduction - using a lollipop scar the breast tissue itself is coned (reduced or lifted) for MUCH LONGER LASTING RESULTS than skin shaping procedures.

Personally, for a 36DD, I would prefer to do a Hall-Findlay Lift and reserve the Passots for the 40DDD etc.

Dr. P. Aldea

Breast lift technique

+1

I would need to examine you to give you a definite recommendation.  As you may know, there are four types of mastopexy: 1) Periareolar, 2) Circumareolar (donut), 3) Circumvertical (lollipop), 4) Wise-pattern, full lift (Anchor).  Depending on the degree of ptosis (sagging), you will need different types of mastopexy.  In general, as one needs more lift, the scar pattern becomes more complex.  Please visit with a board-certified plastic surgeon so that she/he can evaluate you and review the options for you.

Sugene Kim, MD

Passot or Lalonde technique

+1

There are many different ways  to perform a breast surgery reduction or  lift. This is just one of them, but it is not done by many surgeons.