Breast Lift and Large Implants, Is this Possible? (photo)

I have a lot of sagging and droopiness so I definitely need a breast lift but I also want large implants. I was thinking 800cc but it does not even have to be this big. Will this be impossible? I just want them to look perky and big.. however many cc's it takes to get there. Will this be possible?

Breast lift without implants

+3

Hi,

There's a new technique called the Ultimate Breast Lift that makes an internal cone with your own tissue that simulates breast implants. The new breast mounds are attached permanently on your chest so as to minimize downward migration with time.  Breasts are firm and perky without the dreaded vertical scar. Incisions are made around the areolas and in the natural crease of the breast mound. In a short time these incisions are almost invisible. Once breasts are lifted they can actually appear larger than what they are. Large implants are never a good idea. They will only stretch you out in the long run. Look into it. Best regards, Dr. H

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and large implants are possible

+3

It is possible to have a breast lift, and a large breast implant. Individuals as big as you are may take up the 800cc implant quite well. You do have very significant breast ptosis, with the nipple dependent off the bottom of the breast. My priority would be the lift, and follow with an implant as full as you wish at a later time.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

Lift and Augmentation at the Same Time

+2

You do have significant ptosis with your right breast larger than your left.  I always perform both lift and augmentation at the same time.  Frequently with a lift, a smaller implant will give a satisfactory result.  You have a lot of your own tissue.  Show the plastic surgeon the "look" you would like with photos and let him or her advise you on the implant size.  Good luck.

William H. Huffaker, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

2 stage breast lift and augmentation

+2

You need too much lifting to place really large implants at the same time because a lift is a tightening procedure and an augmentation is a stretching procedure.  So yours is best done in staged fashion in my opinion.  But please also realize that you may not get the final result you want because of your body's starting point.  In patients like you, elasticity issues may lead the implants to settle lower that you want even when placed under the muscle.  The bigger you go, the heavier they are and the more likely they are to drop.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Breast Lifting and Augmentation?

+2

Based on your description and picture,  I would prefer to do your procedure in 2 stages. The first phase would involve breast lifting,  followed by a period of healing (several months).  The second stage would be the breast augmentation procedure.

In regards to breast augmentation  and breast lifting surgery  there is a difference in opinion you'll find among plastic surgeons regarding one stage or two-stage procedures. There are good plastic surgeons who will insist on doing the procedures separately and there are good plastic surgeons who can produce excellent outcomes in a single stage.

The combination breast augmentation / mastopexy surgery differs from breast augmentation surgery alone in that it carries increased risk compared to either breast augmentation or mastopexy surgery performed separately. Furthermore, the potential need for revisionary surgery is increase with breast augmentation / mastopexy surgery done at the same time.

In my opinion, the decision  to do the operation in a single or two  staged fashion becomes a judgment call made by a surgeon after direct examination of the patient.  For me, if I see a patient who needs a great degree of lifting, who has lost a lot of skin elasticity, or  whose goal is a very large augmentation then I think it is best to do the procedures in 2 stages (in order to avoid serious complications). However, doing the procedure one stage does increase the risks of complications in general and the potential need for further surgery. This increased risk must be weighed against the practical benefits of a single stage procedure (which most patients would prefer).

Conversely, if I see a patient who requires minimal to moderate lifting along with a small to moderate size augmentation (and has good skin quality), then doing the procedure one stage is much safer. Nevertheless, the potential risks  are greater with a 1 stage  procedure and the patient does have a higher  likelihood of needing revisionary surgery.

Based on your pictures you need a lift. Implants can be added

+1
Based on your pictures you need a lift. Implants can be added, however 800cc implants sound too big given that you already have a good amount of breast tissue.  Also remember, bigger implants are heavier, and thus will sag quicker.  Bigger implants are not the treatment to get perkier breasts.  Breast lift is.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Breast lift and larger implants

+1
It is possible to have a lift to correct sagging and large implants to add volume. However please note that larger implants tend to accelerate the rate of sagging, therefore you should wear a good bra to delay this.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Implants and a lift

+1

I would not adivise to have such a large implant. The larger the implant the more potential problems that could develop.  An in office exam is essential to properly size you and suggest the right lift as well.

Breast Lift and Large Implants

+1

In general, if you have breast ptosis (or sagging of the breasts) and you want to have your breasts be lifted and filled, one cannot have significantly larger implants unless they have significant ptosis or breast tissue or you will compromise the blood supply to the nipple or the breast skin. In general, it is better to do the lift and use smaller implants so that the goal overall is to lift and to have superior fullness. That looks much more natural. To push it to an extreme size is not prudent and can then involve wound healing problems including skin loss and loss of nipple sensation.

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Breast Augmentation

+1

When reshaping a breast several factors are important, most notably the current condition of your breast tissues and shape.  A breastlift procedure lifts and tightens the breast.  A breast augmentation enlarges and expands the breast.  These 2 work at opposite tension and force.  With the significant lift you need I would first perform a lift procedure to improve your basic breast shape.  About 3-4 months later you could have a second stage augmentation to fill out and enlarge your new breast shape.  I believe this would be a safer approach for you.  I hope this information is helpful.

Ronald H. Stefani Jr, MD