How Long Do Large Breast Implants Take to Drop?

Hi I had breast augmentation on nov. 4th it's been 10 days and I'm wondering how long on average do implants take to drop? I received mentor memory gel implants 800cc's submuscular, with infra-mammary incision. I was a full c cup before I don't know what info. is relevant but I hope this helps :0) Ty

Time for implants to drop

+3
You are very early in the healing process and still swollen, particularly given the large size of your implants. Dropping may take between 3-6 months, if not longer, so you need to give it some time and patience.

Implants dropping

+3

It can take several moths for implants to sit properly in the pocket especially when large implants are used and the skin is a bit tight.

Healing after breast implants

+2

generally  two to three months is a reasonable time for healing. variables include:

1. laxity of skin
  2. pregnancies
  3. position of implant
  4. size of muscle
  5.  size of implant

Implants Dropping after Surgery

+2

Depending you your skin tightness, submuscular implants may take 3 months to find their final position, but in same cases, they may still settle for up to 6 months. So give it some time and follow up with your plastic surgeon.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Dropping?

+2

Most of the breast implant dropping or settling happens within the first 3 to 6 months after surgery. Occasionally, I have seen implants “drop” even up to one year after surgery.

I suspect every surgeon's experience will be different given that different dissection techniques may be employed.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastaugmentation.htm

How long till implants drop?

+2

You have provided all the pertinent information. Sub muscular implants have a phenomenon whereby the muscle contracts due to the implant position,and in my experience it will take 4 -6 weeks. You have a big implant(800cc) so the weight of this larger implant will assist in the coming down process. Other factors include how much skin laxity you had preoperatively. Be patient, do your massage exercises and good things will happen 

Reno Plastic Surgeon

How long for big breast implants to drop

+1

You are very early in your post operative course.  Usually implants start to move at about three weeks.  It may take months for them to finally drop into position.  There are many variables.  Please be patient, but it is always a good idea to continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon and let him/her know your concerns.

Web reference: http://www.jjrothmd.com/procedures/breast-augmentation

Implants dropping?

+1
A large implant of that size can take up to 6 months depending on how tight your skin it. Best of luck! Dr K

Timing for implant to drop

+1

Hi, I think the timing is variable and depends on the location (sub-muscular or sub-glandular), texture, size and manufacture.

In general it takes 3 to 6 months to drop. Howevere, smooth and subglandular implants drop faster than others.

I hope that will help.

UAE Plastic Surgeon