How Can I Guarantee a C Cup After Breast Lift With Augmentation?

I'm 5'6 and 150 lbs. 2 years ago I lost weight and been steady now for 11 months. I was once a D but now a very sad uneven B. I want to be a large C small D (MAX). I know when I get a lift my boobs will get smaller so will a 200cc implant be enough to get me to a c? I never again want to be big ( so even a DD will bother me). I know with big boobs come the appearance you weigh more and I just worked hard to lose weight. Saw a doc and 275cc seemed huge!

Guarantee with implants

+1

Hi,

The answer to your question is that we can NEVER guarantee a bra cup size ! We can estimate the best way to augment and lift but if you like the look, then who cares what bra cup you wear. This is the reason that I do not discuss a bra cup during a consultation. How can we look at pictures and have the first question "what is the bra cup size?". We are not shopping for a bra. We are looking at pictures and see what you like. Then you add or subtract to the implant size used in the pictures you like according to the differences in your compressed breast volume and adjust the implant size accordingly.

I think you are in the right range of implant to get your desired size but NO GUARANTEES. Bras come in all types and styles. One final note: you are thinking of a 200 cc implant and your doctor is thinking of a 275 cc implant. Try to realize that 15 cc is a tablespoon and therefore the difference is 5 tablespoons !! Put that much in a saucer (you need to see it on a surface with the diameter matching the 200 cc implants...or so) and you will see that you are both in the same range.

I personally think that the rice deal is okay to try to estimate at home but if your doctor pulls out a rice bag in the office, personally, I would be out of there in a flash. Doctors have different ways of pinpointing the correct implant but we need to be guided by your comments. This is the reason for showing your ps pics of cases you like...and viewing cases that the doctor did ..and come to a conclusion.

Good luck with it all. The lift although it seems to make you smaller merely compacts you. For this reason, your visit needs to have your ps estimate your compressed volume to figure out how much of an implant to add to your volume to give yout the visual desired look.

Albany Plastic Surgeon

Rules for implant sizing

+1

How to get the right size;

1- No guarantees can ever be made.

2-Lifts lose volume - the more sag, the more volume lost.

3-Implants typically increase cup size by 1 cup for every 200 cc's of volume.

4-Implant dimensions are about as important as the volume.

5- Rice test is a great way to determine your desired size. Warning: add 10% voume after coming to a size.

Robert M. Freund, MD

Selecting an implant size to guarantee a desired cup size

+1

You are to be applauded for both your weight loss as well as choosing a breast cup size that is appropriate for your appearance. Because of your recent wight loss, your tissues are more likely to be loose, thus making a preoperative exact breast implant choice a difficult one. While your surgeon can't guarantee you a particular cup size, you can work together by reviewing examples of other patients, models, etc., that allows the both of you to arrive at a common goal. The better practice, and one I believe is more successful, is to not select the implant size, but rather discuss with your surgeon the goal. Things often change in the operating room accordingly to the thickness of your breast muscle, breast gland, and the elasticity of your breast skin. Allow your surgeon some flexibility in selecting an implant range that will give you the aesthetic goal that you're striving for. 

Jeffrey D. Hoefflin, MD

guarantee of a specific cup size

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss.  No one volume implant can guarantee a breast volume.  The discussion of breast shape and volume with your Plastic surgeon is critical to achieving a happy patient post op.  You might state pre op a range that you "feel" comfortable with and let your surgeon make the call on the table.  A 275 cc implant from the photos you sent would probably not overwhelm your frame.  Communication is key.  Good luck

Craig Harrison, MD, PA
Tyler Plastic Surgeon

Bra size

+1

It is impossible to guarantee a certain bra size because even bra manufacturers are different.  You just need to make sure you have expressed your wishes to your surgeon.  Make sure you have looked at pictures to make sure you both are in agreement as to what a C cup is and then you need to trust your surgeon.  If you do not trust him you should pick another surgeon.  Just make sure you are seeing a physician that is Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Gary Hall, MD

Gary Hall, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Cup size after mastopexy

+1

Although no promise of final cup size can be made, it is important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.

Can't guarantee cup sizes after breast surgery

+1

No surgeon will or can "guarantee" you a cup size after breast implant surgery.  All you can do is have a very open conversation with your doctor about the look you want, be examined and try on some implant sizers and move forward.  If you put the same implant in you under the muscle that you have tried on in a garment, the result after surgery generally will be smaller than what you looked like in a garment. Most surgeons feel that there is about 200 cc's in a bra cup size I believe.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS