Breast Implant Size to Achieve Medium C Cup?

Hi, I am looking for some advice. I am currently a large A/small B cup and I'm looking to go to a medium C cup. I am 5'8' and 175 lbs. my ribcage is 35" and my BWD is about 14.1. Any recommendations about Breast implants sizes in cc as well as the profile? Thanks for your help!

Stop thinking of cup size!!!!!!!

+4

Many women ask "how many cc's to be a b?" "How many ccs to be a d?"

The problem with that is that a B from Victoria's Secret does not fit the same as a B from La Perrla.

All women have more than one bra size in their dresser before surgery, and no doubt will have more than one bra size in their dresser after surgery. So to talk about an "upper B" v a "middle-B" is basically meaningless.

This is what you should focus on: do you want to see the outline of the implant? Do you want to look round? Do you want an upper pole convexity? Do you want to look obviously augmented? And if so, are you wiling to pay the long tem price of skin stretch and thinning of your tissue from pressure?

Or do you want the implant to be inconspicuous? Do you want the upper pole to lack a bulge? Do you want to look basically natural? Is preserving your tissue over the long term important to you?

Those are the questions you should ask. Forget about cup size. That is inaccurate and leads to disappointment. If you want to look round, bulgy, and fake, then just try sizers on in a bra and pick the one you want. If you want to look more natural, go to a surgeon competent at mneasuring and select the size that optimally fits your tissues.

It is really that simple. As unhelpful as it is to ask a surgeon who is seeing you in person how many cc's it would take to get to a particular size, it is utterly worthless to ask that question to doctors on the internet who have not seen you.

Cup Size after Breast Augmentation

+3

I always stay away from postop bra size, because there are no guarantees and if you are shooting for a particular bra size after surgery, you will be greatly dissappointed.

You need to focus on the look you are going for and perform the Rice Test. This is a way for you to relay to your plastic surgeon as to the look you are going for and how large you want to be. So I recommend looking at my website where I discuss how to perform this test in one of my journal entries. It is very simple and will get you pretty close to the volume you need for the look you are going for.

Good luck.

Your cup size depends on your total volume of your breast

+3

It is difficult to say what size implant you would need without seeing how much breast tissue you have currently. For a average size woman (and you are a bit taller than average), you would need to be about 520 cc total volume for an average C. If you have 150 cc of your own breast tissue, you would need to get about a 370 cc implant to make a total of 520 cc. This is an average and also depends on your body shape and size. You would have to be examined to be clear. This is also complicated by the fact that bras are not regulated, so what is a B for most companies, Victoria Secret call that same bra a C cup for marketing reasons (women would like to think that their cup size is larger than they are). You need an physical exam to be sure!

Web reference: http://www.danmillsmd.com/

Implant Size

+2

It is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/choosing-your-size.htm

Breast Implant Sizing

+1

One of the most important decisions facing breast augmentation patients is the size of breast implants that will be used. Most patients are striving for harmony, balance and proportion with the surrounding anatomic structures. Typically, they want a natural look with some fullness in the upper breast area.

Most patients tend to speak in terms of cup size. Unfortunately, cup size is not always helpful because manufacturers of bras label their products differently and women don’t always wear their bras the same way. In other words, some women wear their bras snugly, while others wear them loosely. This creates communication problems when talking cup size.

In an effort to determine breast size in a more objective manner, I utilize external silicone sizers and the Vectra 3D computer imaging system. These systems help patients visualize what their breasts will look like with a specific sized implant. Patients find this to be extremely helpful.

The ability to visualize your projected surgical result alleviates much of the anxiety associated with the procedure. It’s important to remember that final adjustment in the size of breast implants will ultimately be made in the operating room based on anatomic considerations.

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Best Implant Size to Reach a C Cup

+1

With your goal in mind, it is very difficult to determine the exact size and shape implant you will require to reach a C cup without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. This is because several measurements in addition to the ones you noted not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be tough to answer your question. For example your native base width of your breast will determine in many cases the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Additional critical decisions will also be made by your plastic surgeon such as: whether your implants will be above or below your pectoralis muscle. These choices are recommended to you based on the look you desire, the amount of sagging you may have, and other deciding factors. I always find it helpful for patients to bring in photos from my or other plastic surgeons’ websites to illustrate what they would like to look like. I bring these photos to the operating room for reference during surgery so that I have the advantage of “seeing through my patient’s eyes” to achieve their wishes.
I personally order more than one set of implant sizes and use sterile sizers placed in the pocket during surgery to know in advance exactly which implant would work best for you. Software morphing programs can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn't work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts).
My advice is to accept advice from your board certified plastic surgeon after a formal consultation and examination with measurements.. If still confused don't hesitate to get a second opinion.

Web reference: https://pacificcenterplasticsurgery.com/procedures/breast/augmentation/

Toronto BBA

+1

There is no way to guarantee a particular bra size. Bra sizing varies greatly between bra manufacturers and a C in one bra will be a D in another. What matters more than the assigned bra size is the way the implant looks on you. The best option for your body and aesthetic goals can be determined in a thorough implant sizing session.

Implant sizing depends on several factors. One of the most important factors is your breast width. Generally, your surgeon will measure your breast width, and then provide you with a range of implant sizes appropriate for your native breast size. There are more nuances to it than just what I've described, but this approach works for most women.

I usually have my patients bring in a large bra and a tight t-shirt to do sizing. I'll then choose 3-4 implants that I feel are appropriate, and have my patients place them in the bra under the tight t-shirt. My patients can then look in the mirror and get a good sense of what they will look like with the provided implant sizes. My patients like this approach and get a great idea of how they will look.

By using this technique, your surgeon can outline a range of appropriate implant sizes that will be aesthetically pleasing, and you make the final decision.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Sincerely,

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Breast implant sizing

+1

It is difficult to estimate what cup size you will be after surgery.  It is best to have your surgeon measure you and recommend an implant for your body.  Then try this one and a couple other implants during your sizing to see which one gives you the shape that you desire. 

Web reference: http://www.dassmd.com/breast-augmentation/index.html

+1

Every patient is an individual and must be treated as such when being evaluated for breast augmentation.  At your consultation the surgeon will measure your breasts and how they fit on the chest wall and recommend a few sizes for you depending on what look you are trying to achieve. Then the two of you can decide on what is achievable.

Web reference: http://www.drvitenas.com/breast-augmentation.html

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.