500cc Breast Implants for 5'3" and 118 lbs

I'm 5'3" and I weigh approximately 118 lbs. Currently, I have moderate profile Saline breast implants filled to 390cc. Recently, I have decided to upgrade to silicone high profile implants. I'm considering going to 500cc. Is this a good size for my body?

I am afraid that is a bad idea.

+3

Hi!

Most people will not tell you that very large implants stretch your skin, and age badly. 500 cc's is too big for almost everybody. They are certainly too big for some one your size.

I don't understand how other surgeons say it's up to you. This is a medical decision. It's an important decision. An experienced plastic surgeon should tell you what is in your best interest. I have 25 years experience, and I wouldn't do it.

Breast Implant Size

+2

Breast implants are designed to fit a womans body frame. The implants are designed according to dimensions. The larger the implant, the larger the circumference of the device. If a woman has a small chest, a large implant will cause lateral chest and axillary bulging. Since the breast sensory nerves are located laterall on the chest, there is a greater likelyhood of nerve injury if too large an implant is placed. Implants that are too large will cause more stretching of the breast over time and may ride high following the operation.

It is for all these reasons, that a responsible plastic surgeon will only place a dimensionally correct implant. As far as a 500cc implant for you, it seems too large, but only a dimensional analysis would give a correct answer.

Implant choices

+1

Going up to a 500 cc implant is hard to gauge without an examination .  They are fairly large implants to palce on a small frame.

How big is too big for breast implants

+1

There is a right and wrong answer here. Given your height and weight, it is hard to imagine that a 500 cc implant will be right for you. You will undoubtedly stretch the skin and thin out your existing breast tissue, and these changes may be irreversible. While you may be happy with larger implants in the short term, the results will not hold up over time. It is true that some women may not care about this, but I find that too be rare. A responsible surgeon will advise you based on your dimensions -- but the decision is yours.

Implant size

+1

Sounds large to me  But you should try sizers at the plastic surgeoons office and compare the current implants to the new ones. Bigger is not always better. Also remember the look you are trying to achieve now and what you want to look like in 10 years.

Frankfort Plastic Surgeon

Size and Beauty are entirely subjective

+1

Anyone telling you you will look good without seeing you is a bit on the crazy side as far as I am concerned. What exactly defines good, bad, or so-so is completely a matter of opinion. This is really something for you to speak with your surgeon about before your operation.

Orange Plastic Surgeon

When are implants too large

+1

Size of breasts is an individual matter. Your dimensions are small and the choice of 500cc implants will make you very busty, to be sure. As implants get larger in volume, the diameter increases as well. 500 cc moderate profile implants would probably reach beyond the normal anatomic limits of your breast and make you look unnatural. Although I'm not a huge fan of hi-profile implants (they can look a little to globular in my opinion) they are probably the best choice for you give the dimensions of your chest.

I agree with the change to silicone gel. I'll think you'll get a nice result.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com

Breast implant size is up to you

+1

There is no right answer to this question. What is just right for one woman is too big for the next. If you are unhappy with the size you are now with saline implants, going to 500cc silicone is not a huge leap.

Regarding the degree of projection, this decision depends on the width of your breast and the ability of your tissue to stretch to accomodate the high profile implant. Make sure you discuss this with your surgeon.

Good Luck!

Bel Air Plastic Surgeon