Is There a Big Difference Between 400cc and 450cc Silicone?

My doctor is suggesting 450cc moderate plus profile silicone implants for me and I am worried it may be too big for me. I am 5'2", approximately 130 pounds. He is proposing 450cc based on the width of each of my breast (13.5cm). Would there be a difference with 400cc?

Breast Implant size differences

+2

There are a number of variables and factors to take into consideration with choosing implant size. There probably isn't a significant difference in absolute volume and width between the two implants assuming you are speaking about the same style. However there are a couple of things to consider. One is that the width of your breasts say nothing about the vertical height or the relative position of the nipple to the inframmary fold. Your surgeon should determine if the width is appropriate for the height assuming you are using a round implant. Some breasts that are wide maybe too short and the nipple will then be too low on the implant mound, or the fullness superiorly will be too great, or your surgeon might have to lower the fold too much.

Another consideration is that while surgeons like to upsize the implant since most women in a past study wished they went larger, I have found that women who come out too large are mosr unhapppy because they can't hide the unnaturalness as much as a small women can augment her looks with appropriate bras. I can't answer your question but you can ask yourself what I ask of my patients, "If you came out too big or too small than what you expected, which situation would make you more unhappy?"

Implant Selection Process

+1

50 cc under the muscle would not produce a big change in size.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Difference between 400 and 450cc Breast Implants is About 2 Tablespoons

+1

If you are afraid you will be too big go SMALLER.

Tell your surgeon your concerns.

You, not your surgeon, should decide on the size of Breast Implants. See a doctor who has the Mentor Sizing System and try different sizes and see what YOU like.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/surgical-procedures/result-oriented-breast-augmentation-breast-enlargement/

Size difference in implant volume

+1

Do not be embarrassed to tell your plastic surgeon that you prefer a smaller implant.  Every tablespoon is 15cc so in reality you are reducing the size of you implants by less than 4 tablespoons.  I would argue that smaller is safer.  Be sure you are visiting a board certified plastic surgeon and if you are having any doubts, get a second opinion.  Best Wishes!!

50 cc difference

+1

50 cc's is not a large difference in implants. You can do a baggy test or try sizers on to see how the volume fits in a bra for you.

Difference between breast impant sizes

+1

A 50 cc difference between 2 breast implants at the size you are looking at (400 to 450) isn't nearly as significant as the same 50 cc difference between say a 200 and a 250. So, try on some sizers that are 50 cc's smaller than the actual implants and go with the one you like best! 

Web reference: http://www.randcosmeticsugery.com

Should I go bigger or smaller? Breast implant

+1

This is a relatively minor difference and therefore you should not be concerned either way. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon so that you feel comfortable proceeding with your implant choice.

Your Breast Implant Size matters

+1

Your surgeon probably has a good reason to recommend the size he or she has. Size is very important as are the measurements, your aesthetic goals, your natural breast tissue and your surgeons technique and experience. I would echo the previous comments and know that most women before having implants think about the size a lot and this is normal. I would suggest to you that the difference between 400 cc and 450 cc is only 50 cc or a little over an once -- which distributed over your entire breast is a relatively small amount.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Difference between 400cc and 450cc silicone breast implants

+1

Only 50 cc's is a small difference on a smaller chest wall than on a larger chest wall. Listen to the surgeon of choice. Because as Dr. Aldea states they have more experience. Regards.

Is there a big difference between 400cc and 450cc silicone gel implants

+1

The differences between them is quite small (0.5 cm in height / projection and 0.2cm in base)
350-4001 BC 400 cc 13.1 cm 4.0 cm
350-4501 BC 450 cc 13.6 cm 4.2 cm

You need to do what you are most comfortable with but make sure to listen to your surgeon's concerns. After all, he has a lot more experience than you.

Dr. P. Aldea